Oil Injection gear

Blaster2146

May 31, 2012
how do i remove the oil injection gear? is there a video it would REALLY help! and do i still need to block off the plugs?

Use the sear tool an look up oil injection block off or oil injection delete there is mad videos look in the do it your self probably

Check the manual too, I think it will be there. You should just have to pull the clutch cover off...after draining the oil of course....then I think it is held on by an E-Clip or snap ring.

cant u just plug the hose that runs from the injection to the case thats what i heard... an then plug the carb of course?

cant u just plug the hose that runs from the injection to the case thats what i heard... an then plug the carb of course?

Yes, but do you want a gear spinning that is pumping oil to a blockage??? I don't know the pressure of the pump, but if you ever ruptured the hose or the blockage, you'll be squirting oil out.

how do i remove the oil injection gear? is there a video it would REALLY help! and do i still need to block off the plugs?

You need to remove the side cover
put 2 or 3 bricks or someting under the wheels on that side to
tilt the bike so almost no oil will be lost
Most likely you will need a new gasket
then remove the clip and refit the side cover
just have to plug the hole in the carb

and don't forget drain the fuel and to pre-mix

Nuno

yeah i understand that but my freind plugged his like that an he hasnt had a problem mine was already plugged idk how did it or how but they didnt plugg the carb... an are u talking bout the oil pump or the presure from the bottom end?

yeah i understand that but my freind plugged his like that an he hasnt had a problem mine was already plugged idk how did it or how but they didnt plugg the carb... an are u talking bout the oil pump or the presure from the bottom end?

I'm talking about the oil pump, isn't that what you are talking about?

If the oil pump is operating and pumping oil to a plugged outlet, the plastic gear on the pump will be working overtime and may break.

If there is no oil in the tank, the pump may sieze due to lack of lubrication, and then strip the teeth off the plastic gear.

The plastic gear should be taken off the pump for safetys sake.

If the oil pump is operating and pumping oil to a plugged outlet, the plastic gear on the pump will be working overtime and may break.

If there is no oil in the tank, the pump may sieze due to lack of lubrication, and then strip the teeth off the plastic gear.

The plastic gear should be taken off the pump for safetys sake.

so when i take the cover off will the gear be on the cover or what

When the cover is off, just take a flathead screw driver and take the clip off as its a snap ring iirc if ya have no snap ring pliers. then slide the gear off and replace the gasket and cover. Its what I did! Cheaper too lol. The block off kit is like $20-$30 on ebay.

When the cover is off, just take a flathead screw driver and take the clip off as its a snap ring iirc if ya have no snap ring pliers. then slide the gear off and replace the gasket and cover. Its what I did! Cheaper too lol. The block off kit is like $20-$30 on ebay.

thanks man i was waiting on someone to reply