oil ????? help lolz

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
hey just wondering what oil do i need to get for tranny i mean when i walk into the motofactors ? there most likly wont be any yamahalube so will i just ask for 10w30 please sir lol ?

you can use motor oil, just make sure it doesn't have friction modifiers in it.
i have used almost every kind of oil in wet clutch style trannys.
ATF Type F is one of the cheaper ones.
10W30, 5W30, 10W40 work ok but not the best.
Used all that race stuff from the dealershit, works good.
I personally think ATF is the best for the price and how good it works, it is cheap enough to swap out every couple of rides too.

Any automotive oil is fine, provided it's not "energy conserving". If you look at the API seal on the back, it will say Energy Conserving on it. This is typically only found on 0w-30 oils, and some billed as "High Mileage" oils. They contain the friction modifiers that are a no-no for wet clutches. Other than that, you can put pretty much whatever you want in there. The blaster doesn't put out that much torque or power(compared to say a modern high power motorcycle transmission), and any oil will be fine. A lot of motorcycle owners swear by Rotella(diesel) oil, since it contains a lot more zinc than regular, which works as an extreme pressure lubricant. Again, there's not a whole lot of "extreme pressure" in a blaster transmission, but it can't hurt anything either.

I've found using gear oil makes the clutch drag more than regular oils, neutral is a bit tougher to find.

Use whatever helps you sleep better at night. I'm a cheap bastard and just use whatever is on sale, and change it whenever. Some people insist on $10/quart full synthetics and change after every ride. So, whatever floats your boat.