Oil delivery system

ereksonj

Feb 18, 2013
Ogden, UT
www.youtube.com
I got this blaster for free from somebody. I know nothing of its history. It runs really well and starts on the first kick in negative temperatures. Anyways, I have always assumed blasters were pre-mix and have been pre mixing. I stumbled across information about removing the oil injector and it freaked me out because I was afraid I was pre-mixing on top of oil injection.

I went to check it out and it had no oil tank. I removed the cover for the injector on the side of the motor and this is what I see. The black tube goes to the carburetor and I believe that brass screw is screwed into the nipple where it used to take in oil.

All I want to know is if this is a good way to do this modification, or if I need to / should buy a kit to completely eliminate the injector.

Attachments

• Blaster oil.jpg
    Blaster oil.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 319
that appears to be still connected ?
do not run that bike again until properly removed !
that line to the carb must be removed, and that inlet on the carb blocked off to prevent it from sucking air and running lean = boom

here's a diy.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-remove-oil-injection-without-block-off-kit-3272/

or use one of these to complety remove the oil pump and plastic gear......
(last item down)
OEM Yamaha Blaster Parts

can also be found on ebay and possibly vitos performance too ???

I decided not to spend money... Did I disable this thing correctly? I attached pictures of what I removed. After I removed this, I just put it back together without the pictured items. I just tied a knot in the oil line (as shown in the picture). Do you think this will work well as a carb block off? Also, there was a gasket in the oil pump when I took it apart. It ripped when I was removing it. I just put it back in place and lined it up as best as I could. This won't damage anything, will it? Thanks.

Attachments

• WP_000607.jpg
    WP_000607.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 369
  • WP_000605.jpg
    WP_000605.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 323
I decided not to spend money... Did I disable this thing correctly? I attached pictures of what I removed. After I removed this, I just put it back together without the pictured items. I just tied a knot in the oil line (as shown in the picture). Do you think this will work well as a carb block off? Also, there was a gasket in the oil pump when I took it apart. It ripped when I was removing it. I just put it back in place and lined it up as best as I could. This won't damage anything, will it? Thanks.

I would say that you did it wrong.

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe you must remove the pump, and make a flange type thing, or just a piece of metal that will block off where the pump was to correctly block it.

Again, not positive im right, so wait for someone smart like Awk to answer

The gear must be taken off the oil pump, or the pump removed and the hole blocked off with a plate.

The oil line needs to be pryed off the carby and the nipple capped.

If the gasket you broke went back in the same place, the worst thing that can happen is a little bit of oil escaping.

Tying a knot in the line is not the recommended way to remove oil injection.

The gear must be taken off the oil pump, or the pump removed and the hole blocked off with a plate.

The oil line needs to be pryed off the carby and the nipple capped.

If the gasket you broke went back in the same place, the worst thing that can happen is a little bit of oil escaping.

Tying a knot in the line is not the recommended way to remove oil injection.

Did I take the gear off correctly? Are those the parts that needed to be removed from the pump? (see attachment from previous post) I guess that is my main concern.

I tied a knot in the line to block off the carburetor. Don't you think that would make a nice temporary airtight seal?

Just spring a few bucks and do it right, it's cheap insurance for a quad you don't have any money in to begin with.

Air leaks in the intake system lead to an engine temporarily running until BOOM. Take the hose off the carb, clean the nipple with brake clean, paint thinner, acetone, anything but gas, and plug it with epoxy. Take the gear off the pump, either get a gasket or use permatex. silicon, 3bond, whatever to seal it. If you don't do things best you can (more proper) your free blaster won't be free for long.

Okay, I decided just to order the kit... But how do you take off the shaft coming out of the engine? From what I understand, the block off kit is just a plate that covers the hole that the shaft comes out of, right? So how do I take it off?

Was the sytem on the bike complete? In other words,was the oil tank there along with everything being hooked up including the supply tube from the tank to the pump,and the pressure tube from the pump to the carb,or was the tank already removed when you got it?

If it was all on the bike,and complete,why did you remove it?

Was the sytem on the bike complete? In other words,was the oil tank there along with everything being hooked up including the supply tube from the tank to the pump,and the pressure tube from the pump to the carb,or was the tank already removed when you got it?

If it was all on the bike,and complete,why did you remove it?

No, it was not complete. When i got it, it had no oil tank and no oil line running to the pump. It still had the gears inside. and was still hooked up to the carburetor. The pump's intake was blocked off. Here is what it looked like:
Blaster oil.jpg

As of right now, I have removed the parts shown in the attachment and I have tied a knot in the line running between the pump and carburetor (as a temporary fix). While I was disassembling the pump, I accidentally ripped the gasket in the pump. I reassembled everything without the parts shown in the attachment.
WP_000605.jpg

But I still don't know how to remove the shaft for when my block off kit gets here. Does anyone know how to do this?

No, it was not complete. When i got it, it had no oil tank and no oil line running to the pump. It still had the gears inside. and was still hooked up to the carburetor. The pump's intake was blocked off. Here is what it looked like:
View attachment 7393

As of right now, I have removed the parts shown in the attachment and I have tied a knot in the line running between the pump and carburetor (as a temporary fix). While I was disassembling the pump, I accidentally ripped the gasket in the pump. I reassembled everything without the parts shown in the attachment.
View attachment 7392

But I still don't know how to remove the shaft for when my block off kit gets here. Does anyone know how to do this?

FIRST drain the trans oil!
Then remove the kick start assembly.
You have to remove the right side case to remove the pump gear. You have to take off the "Circlip",then remove the gear,then remove the second "circlip",them remove the two oil pump mounting screws,and pull the pump out of the side cover. You will then have to remove the oil pump support bushing that is a slight press fit in the case,and then install the new gasket and block off plate. Then you re-install the outer case with a fresh gasket,and torque the fasteners properly.

All you need to do is remove the gear from the pump #2 in the picture. Then you use the Pump as the block off plate. The hose on the carb can be cut about an inch from the carb. Put some sealant in the hose then screw a bolt into it that fits tightly.

oilpump_zpsd28e0c88.png