nut isnt coming off a arm

darrencurry08

May 7, 2012
Northern Ireland
so on one of my upper a arms the long bolt that holds the arm in place the nut at the end isnt for coming off its just going round and round its not catching any thread how can i get this off without grinding or meesing it up ?:-/

thanks ill try that tomorrow was taking my front end all apart cause am stripping it down to be painted but i realized that that had not been for coming off and one more thing know the lower wishbone the bit that goes up through the spindle when i try to screw on that nut thingy its turning the whole thing is there a special way of putting it back on or is there something wrong ?

try using a c clamp to squeeze the spindle against the a arm while tightning it. also make sure all the threads are in good order. that will help get them together. that ball joint is meant to be able to turn

thanks ill try that tomorrow was taking my front end all apart cause am stripping it down to be painted but i realized that that had not been for coming off and one more thing know the lower wishbone the bit that goes up through the spindle when i try to screw on that nut thingy its turning the whole thing is there a special way of putting it back on or is there something wrong ?

Clean the threads up and start it on and put some pressure on the a arm and it should be enough to get the bolt on you are talking about the ball joint right if not don't pay attention to what I said.

i had the same problem with the upper a-arm bolt. only one on the right hand side. my grandad had to grind it off and i got new bolts. the threads were stripped.

i had the same problem with the upper a-arm bolt. only one on the right hand side. my grandad had to grind it off and i got new bolts. the threads were stripped.

yeah went out yesterday and took a chisel to it and battered it off ordered new bolts, nuts and bushes for both sides, also ordered a new front nose cone 03+ type, anyone wanna buy my red one im gonna put it on ebay when i get my new one fitted.

yeah went out yesterday and took a chisel to it and battered it off ordered new bolts, nuts and bushes for both sides, also ordered a new front nose cone 03+ type, anyone wanna buy my red one im gonna put it on ebay when i get my new one fitted.

yeah man same here i got mine from yamaha :D cost me 25 quid but there shiny I:I

Last edited:
thats the one i was going to buy tomarrow haha :L awell ill have to wait now id rather have a white thoee :L it was just i can barely find one of those hoods around here :L

thats the one i was going to buy tomarrow haha :L awell ill have to wait now id rather have a white thoee :L it was just i can barely find one of those hoods around here :L

yeah man parts are ridiculous to find in the uk. i could of had a whole blaster for 350 but im skint lol its sold now likes but it had white plastics the lot.

im sitting here with my part catalogue trying to find white hoods haha there pretty cheap from usa and all but the postage is the one that puts ye down haha im away school at 7 lol [:]