Not running good

Quadriderkmh

Feb 10, 2011
Westchester, Ny
I snapped my tie rod end a week ago, i started it a few times while it was waiting to be fixed. When i put the new tie rod end on today it seams to not have any power when i hit the throttle. It kinda sounds like it wants to stall. It was running pretty good a week ago. anyone got any suggestions that would help me figure whats wrong with it????

Tie rods = Bad engine?
My mind = Blown.

Lol. For real though, that shouldn't have anything to do with your engine. Check out your carb, and as blasterbuddy said, try TORS removal. Common problems.

what part of the country are you in... because in pa it went from 30 to 70 degrees outside... you may be jetted to rich now. check your jetting.

If you busted the tierod in a crash, is there a possibility that you also severely dented the exhaust? A bad dent could strangle the motor, and you may not have been able to notice it when you started the motor and ran it while sitting, but once you tried to ride it the problem would become more obvious. Also, if you didn't get the motor hot enough when you started it then it may have done more harm than good, putting a lot of of fuel into the cylinder, but not getting it hot enough to burn it completely. And depending on how long it sat, you may want to drain the tank and throw some fresh gas in when you clean the carb. Just my thoughts... Good Luck