Noob Blaster Build

FearTheH

Dec 12, 2010
Roanoke, VA
So I have acquired a blaster frame and a loooot of parts, most for a banshee. I will be posting lots of pics and would love all kinds of input about what im doing. I can't post in the want to buy forums but im looking for a motor that needs rebuilding so if you know if one hit me up. Ken oconnor will be doing my power plant.
Im starting off by stripping the frame and polishing the whole thing. Here are a few pics of the very little i've gotten done so far.
2011-01-27_01-56-25_381.jpg

2011-01-27_01-56-12_422.jpg

2011-01-27_01-55-41_984.jpg

2011-01-27_01-57-01_50.jpg

YES! Someone whos finally following through with the polishing of a frame. Just curious, are you going to PC it clear or spray paint it clear over it? As far as why you cant post in the wanted section, you have to have atleast 300 posts in the forums, or become a supporting member which is a very cheap fee. Ken does great work and is just about biggest builder on this site. minus flotek. Some banshee parts you can use from the banshee are the hydros (all around) the rear axle, brake hub, and some other misc. parts. Looks good so far, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kudos! And im going to have the guy that I got the frame and all powder coat clear it since wet paint doesn't like to stick to polished surfaces. It can be done but you lose a lot of the quality of the polish. And yes the banshee parts are the wheels hydros and hubs. Ill be looking for an axle shortly. Also need plastics and a swing arm. This one will take some time but i'm sure it'll be well worth it. I've ridden dirt bikes for years and recently for my girlfriend a blaster right before christmas and I've grown quite fond of it. Its .40 over ported polished and has a jetted carb and really surprised me for what it was. I will have this one built to run circles around hers :eek:P

looks cool so far. alot of work but its gunna look super trick if you get it all like that bar you showed I:I

are you doing a stock cylinder or 240?

Lol that frame rail I showed has only been sanded with 400 and polished real quick just to see how much needs to be done to get what im looking for. And ill stop when I get a clear undistorted reflection of myself... so shiny that chrome will be drooling!

And im having ken oconnor do a non vitos big bore kit lol. And if I have time between getting the motor and working up the money for him to build it don't be the least bit surprised when the whole motor is polished!

hey how much does ken usually charge for his work? is it expensivE?
...by the way i cant wait to see how this turns out.. thumbs up so far!

Blasta to do everything maxed out on my motor he told me around 900 which in my opinion isn't bad.ill probably have him do my kx250 motor unless I sell it and get something bigger.
Scot thanks a bunch and yeah it's a bunch of work but wil definitely be worth it.
I have actually picked up another blaster today. Im not sure of the year yet but im thinking its a 2000-2002. I got a hell of a deal on it. Guy locked it up today and picked it up for 150 bucks...ill post pics shortly.

Blasta to do everything maxed out on my motor he told me around 900 which in my opinion isn't bad.ill probably have him do my kx250 motor unless I sell it and get something bigger.
Scot thanks a bunch and yeah it's a bunch of work but wil definitely be worth it.
I have actually picked up another blaster today. Im not sure of the year yet but im thinking its a 2000-2002. I got a hell of a deal on it. Guy locked it up today and picked it up for 150 bucks...ill post pics shortly.

yes... pics.... :D

So the motor isn't really locked up maybe the rod is broke and is getting hung up in the case. There's something inside the fatty pipe so im about to find out exactly what broke. Still not bad for 150.
2011-01-29_01-22-00_186.jpg

2011-01-29_01-21-38_270.jpg

No doubt! So I took the pipe off and little bits of metal came out...looks like maybe bits of the piston skirt. Either way I turned the flywheel backwards and gave it a quick kick making sure to not take it till it locked and it has compression so im thinking this may be a quick fairly easy fix. Time to pull the jug and see what's up!

I believe after I get the other frame polished im going to swap over everything minus brakes, axle, swinger, plastics and misc things I want to replace, get her running first and beat around on it then swap the motor out after I send it to ken. Hopefully can get some works shocks then ill be jumping the hell out of it! Anyone know of a vin decoder so I don't have to call yamaha with the vin?