No spark,

josh519

Feb 9, 2013
Cincinnati
Went to start my blaster got nothing,, put my spark test light on , no spark,,, checked all connections everything seems good. Put test light on orange coil wire kicked it over - no pulse at all , so is it bad stator?? I'm gonna ohm test tomorrow but never done it before.. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Ohm tests
Went to start my blaster got nothing,, put my spark test light on , no spark,,, checked all connections everything seems good. Put test light on orange coil wire kicked it over - no pulse at all , so is it bad stator?? I'm gonna ohm test tomorrow but never done it before.. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks
Ohm Tests were all good, thinking bad cdi , but not sure

unplug both key and kill switches one at a time to eliminate them as the cause.
check that no black/white stripe wire is connected to any solid black (ground),
or worn thru and touching bare frame anywhere.
grounding the black/white stripe kills the ignition, just as it does at key and kill switches.

If you have an 88-02, make sure the 3 wire TORS box under the hood is unplugged and gleefully smashed with a hammer.

If you have an 88-02, make sure the 3 wire TORS box under the hood is unplugged and gleefully smashed with a hammer.
Smashed it!!! Found horrible tape job on tors wires cut at carb, thinking they may have hit metal.... Switched out pickup coil , got spark now,,, old one even ohm's tested as good.. Got a happy blaster now!! Anyone need a cdi 2003+. Thank for the replies!!!!! Wish we had this forum 20yrs ago!!

It's all go then, now post up some pics or a vid of it being ridden, but remember you must have a helmet on to post in BF.