No power after ~1/8 throttle

Rob R.

May 9, 2012
My Blaster bogs out and/or dies (in neutral) after the throttle position is roughly 1/8 opened. I've cleaned the carb twice, put in new reeds, cleaned fuel weiner and filters, new air filter....I'm stumped! It's a 2000 model and has always ran fine. The oil pump was removed and I do pre-mix in the fuel. Will the throttle switch and/or carb switch cause this?

I thought this was a post whore.
thumbnail.aspx

I disconnected the tors at the quick disconnect and it didn't have any effect. Do I need to disconnect it from another location? I don't know what the function of the tors is and how it ties in to the carb switch. I thought the tors was an override switch in case the carb switch didn't work properly. Although the quad has ran fine without any jet needle adjustment I was thinking about raising the it up a notch. Any thoughts? It just seems like it's a fuel/air mixture issue but it's ran fine before so not sure why it would want more fuel if I adjust the jet needle. I live in Colorado and I know how the high altitude can have an effect but it's never been an issue until recently. I also was thinking about a richer fuel/pre-mix mixture; I do a 30:1 ratio and always have.

Last edited:
Did you unplug the TORS brain box, or just the throttle or carb switch? X-222 on leakdown. If you have to change the "tuning" of the carb without having made any modifications, you might have an air leak. Check that the carb cap is tite with good gasket and nipple on carb where oil line was is still plugged/capped off.