no airbox lid quick question regarding homemade outerwears...

cirame1

Jul 30, 2008
well im rocking no airbox lid and im wondering wen it snows wen im riding if the snow may get inot the box form the fornt. i have the 400ex shock in but did no modifying to the box so there isnt to bad of a gap in front. and the resi form the shock actually covers most of the hole but in that small space showing do u think i may have a prob with snow going in there??? mayb gonna try to make a homemade cover out of some fabric mayb panty hose lol and put in front. maybe even spray it with some water repellent shoe stuff. just thinking out loud hear dont want any snow coming into my box and melting to water yea know...

Both of my 00 blasters had the airbox cover removed pretty much right after they came home from the stealership (used to be my little brothers friends blasters). The filters get dirty really quickly, but the snow has never seized the motors!

That being said, now that I own them, I'm looking into that pre-filter cover thing that will just give me that added degree of insurance. In the meantime I'm going to try to get some panty hose and throw them over the top of the box if I can....just for the big pieces of junk and pretty much my peace of mind. Again, they've been beat on for years with no airbox cover. I'm not saying that it's an ideal situation, but it does work....and IMO, the stock airbox cover is not an option!!

yea im gonna get some panty hose fabric and spray with shoe water proofer and staple it over or sumthin. just the front

just keep an eye on how much water pools up in there
if you are not riding in deep water just leave the plug out of the bottom and you should be fine