nitro r/c

its not aluminum. it has this checkerboard type pattern on it and so do the shock towers. i didnt get it tuned at all yet. i just got back from getting the gear for the transmission it destroyed the middle one. the guy at the hobby store assured me that the one he gave me would work well it didnt. so i took one out of an extra transmission i had so now i need to get the RIGHT replacement for that. are there any online storesto order parts from? the store i went to has good prices but i dont think the people that work there know what theyre doing

google is a mans best friend.

Before you go pull out your trans and look for something in there, check your slipper clutch. It's attached to the back of the spur gear (the big one attached to the trans) and it basically consists of three friction plates against a steel plate, that is designed to slip if, for example, the wheels are spinning and are forced to stop when you hit the ground, instead of something breaking, that takes the load. Try tightening that up. Put a wrench or nut driver on the nut at the end of the gear, and then there should be a shaft sticking out of the other end of the trans with a hole in it, put an allen inside that. Tighten it up all of the way, then back off 1/4 turn. You might be fine there, just way easier than opening up your trans case.

ya i tried that before i took the trans out but the problem was in the trans. im going to upgrade to all metal gears in there soon just so i dont have to worry about it anymore

its not aluminum. it has this checkerboard type pattern on it and so do the shock towers. i didnt get it tuned at all yet. i just got back from getting the gear for the transmission it destroyed the middle one. the guy at the hobby store assured me that the one he gave me would work well it didnt. so i took one out of an extra transmission i had so now i need to get the RIGHT replacement for that. are there any online storesto order parts from? the store i went to has good prices but i dont think the people that work there know what theyre doing

towerhobbies.com
ebay
hobbyking.com

i think i have it tuned pretty good but its hard to start. what would make it hard to get started? also when i take the glowplug out of the motor and put it in the igniter its barely glowing. i dont have any other c batteries to see if its the battery in the igniter or is the glow plug bad? i tried it on 2 different glow plugs and neither one seemed to heat up.

i think i have it tuned pretty good but its hard to start. what would make it hard to get started? also when i take the glowplug out of the motor and put it in the igniter its barely glowing. i dont have any other c batteries to see if its the battery in the igniter or is the glow plug bad? i tried it on 2 different glow plugs and neither one seemed to heat up.

because ur battery is dieing. if that thing aint glowing red hot, it aint starting. so replace c batteries. and ull be fine. make sure the tuning is eaither perfect or rich. like a blaster engine, they can and will overheat and blow up on ya. and u have to replace everything, not just rings. (ps. nitro engines dont have rings)

It might also be a bad glow plug. Don't be surprised if you burn through them fairly quick when you're starting out. Even if the coil glows while on an ignitor, it might not have enough life left to properly glow inside the engine.

ok im gonna get new batteries and finish getting it tuned tomorrow. i found a brushless mini-t and a losi lst that im looking at trading subs and an amp for. how much are these 2 cars worth. both work and come with some extra parts. im getting addicted to this now its fun as hell and either way im trading up by trading these subs and amp bc i got them really cheap

ok im gonna get new batteries and finish getting it tuned tomorrow. i found a brushless mini-t and a losi lst that im looking at trading subs and an amp for. how much are these 2 cars worth. both work and come with some extra parts. im getting addicted to this now its fun as hell and either way im trading up by trading these subs and amp bc i got them really cheap

both are good, but i havent personally owned one. ive only owned traxxas I:I the mini is too small in my opinion. for me it wouldent be fun.

i watched some videos of both and i really want something 4 wheel drive so thats what i want the lst for but the mini im not sure if i want. i dont know if ill like electric but it seems like it would be fun bc its small but accelerates really good and is decently fast so i figured maybe i could have some fun with it as long as where im driving it is relatively smooth

yea i know electric is fast that mini-t goes faster than my rustler probably or maybe about the same. i had an e-maxx a few months ago but it needed new batteries so it didnt go very fast and it wasnt brushless

yea i know electric is fast that mini-t goes faster than my rustler probably or maybe about the same. i had an e-maxx a few months ago but it needed new batteries so it didnt go very fast and it wasnt brushless

thats y. i run a hobbyking 1080a 22.2v esc, and 2250kv 6pole brushless motor. 2.4ghz, 2 2's 5000mah lipos in series. its safe to say that if i gear it, and bring the motor up to its highest power and peak preformance which i can do at any time, and run 3's in it, it will probs do 100mph. i havent done it, but i know it could. ill post a vid about it later.

thats y. i run a hobbyking 1080a 22.2v esc, and 2250kv 6pole brushless motor. 2.4ghz, 2 2's 5000mah lipos in series. its safe to say that if i gear it, and bring the motor up to its highest power and peak preformance which i can do at any time, and run 3's in it, it will probs do 100mph. i havent done it, but i know it could. ill post a vid about it later.

okay. i have no idea what any of that means but id like to see a vid of it. thats why i want to stick to nitro because i love working on motors and learning how they woork. i hate anything electrical. i cant stand working on newer quads that are fuel injected with all the electrical and computers. theres just too much that can go wrong. it seems like that with electric rc. nitro has nothing electrical to keep it from starting the only electrical is for the steering and throttle which there isnt much that can go wrong

okay. i have no idea what any of that means but id like to see a vid of it. thats why i want to stick to nitro because i love working on motors and learning how they woork. i hate anything electrical. i cant stand working on newer quads that are fuel injected with all the electrical and computers. theres just too much that can go wrong. it seems like that with electric rc. nitro has nothing electrical to keep it from starting the only electrical is for the steering and throttle which there isnt much that can go wrong

trust me there will be! if i were u, i would get a "venom fail safe" if u loose connection to the remote, it puts the brakes on and stops the car...... i cant tell you how many times........... it sucks!
lol

so i got it tuned pretty good i think but it still doesnt lift the front tires off the ground unless im sliding then give it gas but they wont lift up at speed or anything like that. its kind of boggy the first bit of the throttle range from when i take off to about half throttle. do i need to adjust the lsn for this? and which way?

so i got it tuned pretty good i think but it still doesnt lift the front tires off the ground unless im sliding then give it gas but they wont lift up at speed or anything like that. its kind of boggy the first bit of the throttle range from when i take off to about half throttle. do i need to adjust the lsn for this? and which way?

let me find ya a vid on it....

ok so iwas driving the car today. seemed like i got it tuned pretty good if anything it was running a little rich and then it just stalled out of no where. i tried starting it and the pull starter wouldnt move so i thought maybe the transmission again but all the gears and driveshafts moved fine. i took the motor off and put vice gripos on the shaft and got the motor to spin but it was really hard so then i took the pull starter off along with the flywheel and clutch and at the top of the pistons stroke is where it gets stuck then the rest moves smoothly. then i noticed the piston skirt is missing in a few places and theres metal chunks in the motor.(not above the piston that i saw but motly around the creank) so my question is how do i get the crank out to replace the piston? then how do i get the connecting rod off? i dont see any metal binding around the crank where the connecting rod attatches so im thinking its over where the air and fuel mixture come in somewhere. ill put pics up of the piston as soon as i figure out how to get it out. also how much does a piston usually cost for one of these? do i have to get a bore or hone like on a quad since it doesnt have rings? is it worth it to just try to find a used running 3.3 to throw in it?

ok so iwas driving the car today. seemed like i got it tuned pretty good if anything it was running a little rich and then it just stalled out of no where. i tried starting it and the pull starter wouldnt move so i thought maybe the transmission again but all the gears and driveshafts moved fine. i took the motor off and put vice gripos on the shaft and got the motor to spin but it was really hard so then i took the pull starter off along with the flywheel and clutch and at the top of the pistons stroke is where it gets stuck then the rest moves smoothly. then i noticed the piston skirt is missing in a few places and theres metal chunks in the motor.(not above the piston that i saw but motly around the creank) so my question is how do i get the crank out to replace the piston? then how do i get the connecting rod off? i dont see any metal binding around the crank where the connecting rod attatches so im thinking its over where the air and fuel mixture come in somewhere. ill put pics up of the piston as soon as i figure out how to get it out. also how much does a piston usually cost for one of these? do i have to get a bore or hone like on a quad since it doesnt have rings? is it worth it to just try to find a used running 3.3 to throw in it?

google man! ull have to find out if a 3.3 could fit. it it could, then yea go gor it.