newbie From South Africa....Help needed

how do i clean all that muck around the engine.....wanna try and make the bike spotless..... if water gets into the engine what happens.?

Attachments

• 20150102_183935[1].jpg
    20150102_183935[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
  • 20150102_183956[1].jpg
    20150102_183956[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
I shud use the degreaser after i put the carb back on.the chain also looks messed up.shud i use chain wax or something.

after seeing how dirty that bike is. If it were me I would zip tie a baggie around the intake and hit it with a pressure washer dump degreaser on it give it a good scrub and hit it with the pressure washer again.

It is fine to use a B8ES spark plug as well, the R classification is a resistive plug to stop radio interference.

I you are removing the oil tank, it may be an idea to bleed the injection system of air before you try to start the engine.

Instructions for priming/bleeding the injection system can be found in the downloadable manual.

Hi Mzminty, it is nice to meet another member from S.A.! You can PM me if you need any help in Afrikaans, I may even give you my telephone number if the need arises. I am somewhat a noob when it comes to some Blaster specifics but I have 15+ years experience on various other 2 stroke machines.

Reactions: mzminty
sorry people im not getting it how shud i check for the spark.where exacrtly shud i look and how.

sorry people im not getting it how shud i check for the spark.where exacrtly shud i look and how.
Hi, the easiest way is to remove the plug from the head, keep it plugged into the plug cap and let it rest against the head or any convenient metal part on the bike where it would be visible to you (it is easier if someone else helps you by watching the bottom part of the sparkplug). Make sure that the ignition is switched on and that the kill switch is in the run position, then kick the starter over (as the plug is removed there will be almost no compression and you should be able to crank it by hand). If you can see and hear a strong spark it should be fine.

You can also just touch the bottom of the plug with one hand and the frame or engine with the other and then have someone kick it over. Trust me you will know if it is getting spark!;)

You can also just touch the bottom of the plug with one hand and the frame or engine with the other and then have someone kick it over. Trust me you will know if it is getting spark!;)

mzminty....do you have curly hair ?
you will after following the above method !
and may even piss your pants as 40,000 volts makes your bladder do the humpty dance :eek:

mzminty....do you have curly hair ?
you will after following the above method !
and may even piss your pants as 40,000 volts makes your bladder do the humpty dance :eek:
Yeah I should probably have put a disclaimer on that one...:D

Last edited:
Hi
I actually bought a new spark plug today. Tried to check for a spark but dont tink i seen one. If it doesnt have a spark what then.....?
How do u do a leak and compression test?

Theres a small hole with a twist cap near on the crank case is this for oil.?

How do i bleed all the oil from the bike?
Whats the best oil to use?
Afriblast i really didnt want to impose on u.was trying to PM u but dont no how. Tawt maybe i could have given u a call.

I would first start by removing or bypassing the TORS system, there are several threads on here detailing the procedure. If there is then still no spark you will have to trace the fault through your wiring with a electrical tester.Good places to start would be to check if your kill switch and ignition is letting power through, especially as it stood for so long. Next would be plug wire and cap. If it is not any of the components listed above including loose or broken wires it will be either your coil or stator. For a compression test you will need a compression meter which will screw into your plug hole, you then kick the bike over and it will give you a reading.

Yes the plastic cap is where your gearbox oil is filled, the drain is a bolt located underneath the gearbox, it is a nr.12 spanner if I am not mistaken. You can just remove the bolt and the old oil will drain out, I would suggest you flush the gearbox with engine flush as it stood so long, Midas sells it for cheap. I used 650ml 80w20 gearbox oil in mine as it is the only gearbox oil I can find in the small town where I live and it gets very hot here with temperatures nearing 40 degrees celsius during summer- I would however suggest ATF type f gearbox oil. You must only use 650ml as a overfill could damage your seals, I almost learnt it the hard way on my new to me Blaster after the previous owner overfilled it!

I do not normally do this but I can also not find a way to send a pm or e-mail, my tel number is 082 440 3396. Just pop me a message when you have read this and I will edit and remove my number.

Hi
I actually bought a new spark plug today. Tried to check for a spark but dont tink i seen one. If it doesnt have a spark what then.....?

Afriblast i really didnt want to impose on u.was trying to PM u but dont no how. Tawt maybe i could have given u a call.

Be aware, that cap is for the transmission oil. You still have to put 2s oil in tank under seat or pre-mix in tank !!!!!

Hi

You can check it in a dark environment or at night with nearby lights switched off just to make sure that there is no spark, also just a reminder to make sure that the kill switch is in the run position and that the key is switched on.