New york wants to come to michigan

J2PUISANT

Oct 15, 2010
rockland county, NY
Hey guys from michigan. I just saw the silver lakes dunes area on line. We are looking for "a few good riders" from the area that can link up with us and have a great time. Lets make it happen. I am looking to come to mi with a group of 20 dudes. But we are looking to do about 4 days in siler lake dunes. Wussup??? Gimme some feedback!!!!i:i

before you decide to make this trip. make sure you know the rules of the place.
i know a couple like
1) must be under 96dbi at a certain rpm
2) must have a s/a
3) must have a flag that is 10ft off the ground

i would say go to LS instead, might be a little farther, but way more dunes and way less rules.

Silver Lake is a nice place we go there at least once every year... The rules are strict there... We get banged for something stupid every time...

I got a "random" sound check when I was there on my LT last May. On the sound check you're suppose to be at half of the max rpms and it is measured with some gauge a person holds on the fender that measures vibration. I was at around 2500rpms and hit 107db. 30 minutes later the same guy that made me get sound checked just waved me by.

ive never had an issue with the rules at silver lake until last year, when i was forced to buy a clamp on spark arrestor for my blaster after they looked inside my silencer to see my home made one lol. its just a piece of screen, wats the difference if its stamped "usfs approved" X(

ive never been sound checked there, and my blaster is pretty damn loud. my bro on his LT didnt even get checked and he has NO packing or baffles at all in his a/m silencer. its an empty aluminum can!

as for making a trip, i go a couple times a year. going to be going there more this year with some buddys now that i have a truck I:I spit out some dates to us if you plan a trip ;)

we love it at silverlake sand dunes! yes they inforce the rules.

usfa spark arrestors are manditory, flags can be bought at several stores by the dunes for around $15, orv stickers, I beleive they have something for out of state people

when are you planning on going?