New Truck!

nboldman

Feb 5, 2012
Kentland, Indiana
Well with the news of me getting ym dads old truck ive been looking at exhaust and wheels and tire combinations. Heres the exhaust im looking at getting:its a 3" exhaust all the way through y piped before the year tire and duals out the back.
My truck is the 4.3L V6 with the 5 speed.

then these are the wheels and tires im looking at getting
7994348305_ae4239e49c.jpg

and here's some pictures of the truck(bad but the best I have until after Christmas)
6730_1123978897025_2230453_n.jpg

6730_1123995937451_3311151_n.jpg

197667_3620039457325_1564535139_n.jpg

the reason for the yellow stripes is becuase i was a "rookie" because i had just gotten my permit and my dad put them on there to be funny.
285593_1987954215868_7420516_n.jpg

keys locked in in chicago.
546612_3282463433402_551365022_n.jpg

The stickers will come off when i get it and a blasterrforum.com sticker will go on!

so what do you guys think about the exhaust and wheel/tire combination. the wheels are 17"x8 and the tires are 265/70/r17

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't listen to the video but I'm sure it sounds better than stock , Most muffler shops will make you a set of custom pipes for cheaper than most kits , If I were you I would call around to some local shops about getting a Custom Setup made ! , It might be cheaper and sound better in the long run ? Wheel and tire combo looks Good !

I didn't listen to the video but I'm sure it sounds better than stock , Most muffler shops will make you a set of custom pipes for cheaper than most kits , If I were you I would call around to some local shops about getting a Custom Setup made ! , It might be cheaper and sound better in the long run ? Wheel and tire combo looks Good !

the local guy that i trust and know said that for the y pipe and no muffer witht eh dual straights out the back would run me right at about $200 which is almost $250 cheaper than any kit

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i am glad you are documenting your intentions, gas and repair bills are gunna hurt that lol

well i get it with a brand new set of tires so thats a plus I:I. Ive got to put some money into it right away (about $60) for a parking brake release cable and to get the back up lights fixed. gas is my fear with 20mpg and a 30 gallon tank. lol

Truck looks good! You'll probably see 20-22 mpg with mixed driving. I just filled up my Silverado (4.3/5 speed) again tonight. Gauge was showing 1/4 tank, and it cost me $ 73.00 to fill er back up to full. Not cheap, but could be worse.

I have a sneaky mod done to my 4.3 engine that nobody can spot without taking things apart. But it really helps to improve acceleration and makes the engine more peppy. Ive got a CFM technologies throttle body on my truck. Look up '4.3 Chevy throttle blade mod' on Youtube, and you can watch people do it, without having to pay a company like CFM to do it for you. Its easy and pretty much free.

That exhaust will help your truck, as will a K&N intake, but Im about to invest in a Black Bear Performance tune for my engine, which will really improve performance over stock. Companies like Black Bear Performance can custom-map your computer far and beyond what a Superchip or Jet chip can do. I don't like the way my engine runs after having installed the modified throttle body and a K&N intake. It runs better than in stock form, but the stock ECU mapping is really holding it back. I think the most important mod you can do to a 4.3 Chevy is a retune.