New to the club.

wheresthericego

Jan 22, 2011
Raleigh NC
Just postin to say hey. I just picked up a 2000 blaster. It was very fun for the hour it ran before it blew up.
Been doing some searches and finding a lot of info.

Let the rebuild begin...

DSC03337.jpg

Welcome. Where are you from?

Sorry forgot to update my information
I am from Just outside Raleigh NC

Hey, how much did you pay for your blaster? Welcome abroad i'm a newbie my self

I traded a CR125r for it. It was not a good deal for me but I wanted a quad. Now I feel like I got ripped lol.

welcome. your in the right place.

It sure looks like it, I have found a lot of really good info already.

did you run straight gas in it? no premix?

It looks like it has had straight gas run through it and the engine was locking up trying to get it home. I dont want to blame the oil injection because it looks new and had plenty of oil. One thing that I do know that I will be going premix.

The wrist pin and bearing had no oil on it. I had to press out the pin from the rod which makes me think that there may have been an issue with the oil injection. I could be wrong and it could just have been worn when I got it.

I'm kicking myself now for not doing a compression check before I traded...

welcome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one thing you will def need to do a topend rebuild is a leakdown tester. there are diy's on makin your own and holeshotman sells em cheap. probably why the motor fried in the first place."air leak"

welcome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one thing you will def need to do a topend rebuild is a leakdown tester. there are diy's on makin your own and holeshotman sells em cheap. probably why the motor fried in the first place."air leak"

I was reading about that. Don't know exactly how to do a leak down test but I should be able to figure it out. Going to look into it for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Haha yah know Bronco its not completely necessary to add the dots EVERYtime you welcome someone. But anyway yeah welcome to the honey hole of Blasters. We are WAY cooler than BlueTraxx and BlasterZone. Lol

Welcome! That sucks, having to rebuild so suddenly, but now you can get O'connor Racing or Flotek to port it while things are apart! :D

Everyone's right...the engine failed due to lack of lube. When you finish taking off the oil injection, I'll be curious as to what the plastic gear which drives the oil pump looks like. It could have broken or stripped, causing the oil pump to quit turning. You'll know when you pull the clutch cover.

Haha yah know Bronco its not completely necessary to add the dots EVERYtime you welcome someone. But anyway yeah welcome to the honey hole of Blasters. We are WAY cooler than BlueTraxx and BlasterZone. Lol

LOL i was thinking the same. Every welcome page i've come across i see Bronco with "Welcome.........."