New to site, and Blasters

FireFighterJosh

Aug 19, 2009
Freeport, Pa
Howdy ladies and gents, My name is Josh. I just bought an 04 Blaster for my wife. Im hoping to find some much needed info, to get this thing up to snuff. I bought the Blaster off of a guy at work, that rode it very little. He was caught in a flash flood while riding, back in the summer of 04. He was able to clear the water out, get her fired up, and limp her home. It ran like crap, so he proceded to change the oil, and a top end rebuild, w/o a bore over. He did it right, honed the cylinder, and new piston and ring. Ran better, but not like it should. A friend of his, races, and had one of his guys re-do the top end again, this time boring it .010 over. Ran better yet, but still not right. He said enough was enough, and parked it. I picked it up a few weeks ago, for a very low price. Im thinking something electrical. I havent really had time to tinker with it. Hopefully, with the help from the guys on this forum, I can get this thing screaming like it should. Sorry for the long post, and Thanks in advance!

Josh

welcome to the forum might be eletrical clean the carb too mybe change the jets

yeah it wouldnt be anything electrical because theres not many electrical components... may be the the carb??? btw welcome to blaster forums!!!

Welcome to the forum

Have you cleand the carb out and blow the jet's out with air?
Your CDI might be blown and your TORS Might play a role in that issue to.
Did you re jet the carb after the re-builds

Welcome to the forum

Have you cleand the carb out and blow the jet's out with air?
Your CDI might be blown and your TORS Might play a role in that issue to.
Did you re jet the carb after the re-builds
Havent done anything w/ the carb yet. Judging from everyones responses, I think I'll start there. Like I said, Im new to Blasters. So, Im going to ask a dumb question... What is the TORS? Is that a throttle safety, like what Ive seen on a Banshee? Thanks guys for the info, and the warm welcomes!

Havent done anything w/ the carb yet. Judging from everyones responses, I think I'll start there. Like I said, Im new to Blasters. So, Im going to ask a dumb question... What is the TORS? Is that a throttle safety, like what Ive seen on a Banshee? Thanks guys for the info, and the warm welcomes!

TORS stand for Throttle Over Ride System

Use the Manual to help you strip the carb
Here is the Blaster Manual http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

Here is how to remove your TORS http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-remove-your-tors-655/

Remeber there is a differance (in removing the TORS) between the old models and the new models from 2003

Well, I checked the TORS, and it already has been disabled, and the hole on the throttle assem. has been sealed up with black silicone. Im going to play around with it this evening. I'll see if I come up with anything. Thanks guys!

CLEAN THAT CARB!!! and check for good spark.. check the sparkplug. I would just worry about blowing the jets and cleaning the carb for now, maybe cleaning out the gas tank and the intake hose. maybe there is mud clogging up the intake not supplying enough air.