New Throttle Cable or What?

Scrappy

May 26, 2010
Memphis, Tn.
It runs and idles great till I turn the bars left and it will die unless i keep the RPM"S up. Im thinking the throttle cable needs replaced. Has anyone else had this issue?:-/

That shouldn't make your engine die unless you have to hold the throttle already to keep it from dying. You could have a loose wire somewhere or a wire that is exposed and grounding out when you turn.

Its defently in the cable cause i can push the cable to the left up by the bars and it wants to die and i can pull it to the right and nothing happens, I have checked all wires to make sure it wasnt a wire being pushed on and all of that is ok. it just started after the last time i had to pull the carb off. Once it cools down i think i am going to pull it off again and make sure everything is seated good

Well I fixed it, Helps if you have the gas turned on and not reserve.......LMAO.....It was a late night last night. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, dont ask me why, only thing i think of is maybe the fuel was so low in the bowl when i turned to the left the gas could'nt pick up. but I dont have a clue, I turned the fuel to the on position and no more problems.

Nah, your issue has to have been something else.

You do understand the difference between RESERVE and ON is just the length of the feed line from the fuel tank?

O
N
|
| R
| E
| S
petcock

You get my little diagram? When the switch is ON its feeding from a line in the fuel tank thats about 4 or so inches long. When its on RES its about 1.5 inches long.

Switching the switch wouldnt matter unless your petcock was plugged and you had an issue with the screen or something.

ya I would say there could be crap in the tank, I had this problem with it on the on position and had to run on reserve all the time, but sense then it has cleared and it works correctly.

yeah if your cable was bad it would do like mine used to and every time you turned to the left the quad would rip ass full throttle .