New Setup and build

recruiter101st

Apr 24, 2011
Champaign, il
Folks I am receiving my top end back in a day or so. here is my setup topend bored .60 over new weisco piston and rings, Trail ported, Alum. Airbox with Uni filter, Boyseen Carbon reeds, Head mod by Ken, FMF fatty, FMF powercore 2, reed spacer, However right now I am running a 30mm OKO, I have purchased a new intake manifold and 34mm Mikuni flatslide. Is this too much carb for my setup? Also I have already done the timing mod but currently running at stock, will bumping the timing up help at all? I was told dont bump the timing up with the head mod by ken. What are your thoughts?

I am running basically that same setup except for a toomey. Been struggling a little with the new tm but I think i finally got it figured out. Ran it all weekend with no problems. Really struggled with the pilot. Kept going lean after letting off the throttle when warm. Ended up with a 50 pilot, stock needle, and 240 main. Might be a tad rich on the main, but it runs good. Feel free to contact me with jetting help. Been working on this think for weeks with Ken.