New Rebuild Question!!!

Blaster528

Aug 12, 2015
Rut Vegas, Vermont
Ok so I just ordered my wiseco 66.50mm piston and rings and I'm going to get the cylinder bored. I want to get all oem gaskets but the copper head gasket is for stock bore only. Can I use this without modification, what have you fellow members done in the past?

I am on the 6th bore I ordered a gasket set from cometic it worked beautifully! Maybe not beautifully. It work how it was supposed to. no problems on this end.

Ok so I just ordered my wiseco 66.50mm piston and rings and I'm going to get the cylinder bored. I want to get all oem gaskets but the copper head gasket is for stock bore only. Can I use this without modification, what have you fellow members done in the past?

That stock copper head gasket will be fine. you are only over boring the cylinder by 1/2 mm (.020 thousands)

It's so beautiful

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    921.1 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: ford_guy
Be sure to follow repair manual. If you don't have one, wash the cylinder with soap and water until a white rag comes out clean. Dry thoroughly and IMMEDIATELY coat bore with 2s oil.
I have watched all of Ken's videos at least 5 times now, he uses Dawn dish soap and wipes out cylinder until it's clean. I will be following his instructions. Thanks for everything and I'll keep everyone posted :)

Reactions: ford_guy