New piston

Like I said I the other thread wiseco forged piston and maxima super m 32:1 fuel mixture for maximum run time

I got a buddy runs a numura,he is happy with it,runs sweet too.but,if a cast piston blows,be ready to rebuild the bottom end i hear.If u keep an eye n maintain it,should be no problem,thats the route im gona go.

K i admit i shot my mouth off too soon,i havnt made a decision yet,Like i said my buddy is happy with his Namura,I however,i am staying stock,it is enuff for me and the way i ride,i can keep up with anything on a trail.So stock is fine with me.I need to get mine apart before i decide what route to go.Need to sell this hydro front end to fund this,I need axle bearings and a top end bad,i could keep riding but i am afraid its gonna pop soon.
50 bux local to bore a hole for me before i can order my piston,who knows what's in there now.I just wanna be ready for the winter ice races.hehe.
I do run 32:1 and wanr longevity.I maintain my stuff well.

What is the best piston and rings and I want to save some money

My recent top end rebuild. I used a namura. But its for my step son and hes not gonna ride it hard.

I think if you are gonna mod it and ride hard, go with a wiesco piston.

If you gonna do average riding and not ride it hard and push it, the others will be fine.

Sporty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterhart43
What is the best piston and rings for a stock bore blaster also I'm looking to
Save money on this whole deal

Blasterhart43... It all depends on what "BEST" means to you...

Wiseco piston are a forged piston. They are a good piston.

I however, prefer a CAST piston. The stock piston is also a cast piston.

A cast piston is quieter,makes more power,and doesn't require a long warm up before riding like a forged piston does.

If you aren't patient with your warm up,and I mean religiously,you can sieze it in the bore.
They are also noisier because of the required increased cylinder to piston clearance.

Be sure to measure your cylinder correctly,and set the proper cylinder to piston clearance.

A WSM platinum piston kit runs about $50
They look like this...
7388-these-have-very-light-teflon-coating.jpg

7387-wsm-cast-piston.jpg

I'm running one right now and I have an "Aggressive Desert" port job,high compression head,etc,etc.
I run the living hell out of this piston with ZERO issues. It is ran in 105 degree weather all the time,under high stress conditions.

Another good cast piston is a Namura
They run about $60 shipped' They look like this...
7546-cast-namura-piston.jpg

A stock yamaha piston is also hard to beat.

Ebay has the best prices.
Right here...http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BLAST...60641e&vxp=mtr
And here... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blast...84a038&vxp=mtr

Either of these pistons will serve you well.

Here's a good read BEFORE you make your decision....
Yamaha Blaster Forum - The #1 Community For Yamaha Blaster Owners!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterhart43
What is the best piston and rings for a stock bore blaster also I'm looking to
Save money on this whole deal

Blasterhart43... It all depends on what "BEST" means to you...

Wiseco piston are a forged piston. They are a good piston.

I however, prefer a CAST piston. The stock piston is also a cast piston.

A cast piston is quieter,makes more power,and doesn't require a long warm up before riding like a forged piston does.

If you aren't patient with your warm up,and I mean religiously,you can sieze it in the bore.
They are also noisier because of the required increased cylinder to piston clearance.

Be sure to measure your cylinder correctly,and set the proper cylinder to piston clearance.

A WSM platinum piston kit runs about $50
They look like this...
7388-these-have-very-light-teflon-coating.jpg

7387-wsm-cast-piston.jpg

I'm running one right now and I have an "Aggressive Desert" port job,high compression head,etc,etc.
I run the living hell out of this piston with ZERO issues. It is ran in 105 degree weather all the time,under high stress conditions.

Another good cast piston is a Namura
They run about $60 shipped' They look like this...
7546-cast-namura-piston.jpg

A stock yamaha piston is also hard to beat.

Ebay has the best prices.
Right here...http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BLAST...60641e&vxp=mtr
And here... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blast...84a038&vxp=mtr

Either of these pistons will serve you well.

Here's a good read BEFORE you make your decision....
Yamaha Blaster Forum - The #1 Community For Yamaha Blaster Owners!
please explain, how do they make more power than forged and why does forged require more piston to cylinder clearance because of expansion?

Last edited by a moderator:
another piston thread?lol, i used the search feature to learn these why's n hows.forged requires more clearance because they expand more.Some people prefer forged because when they blow they do not explode like a cast does,a cast explodes u better split the cases to make sure all the debris is GONE,someone correc me if i am wrong?

please explain, how do they make more power than forged and why does forged require more piston to cylinder clearance because of expansion?

The forged piston is just that...It is forged into the shape that you see it in.
In other words,a slug of round aluminium bar is heated,then put into the forging "die",then slammed with the "tool" into its basic shape under about 220 tons of pressure.
This makes the piston "denser",in other words has a bunch of material (aluminum) compressed into the same size of a cast piston.

Thats why the forged piston requires more clearance....It needs more room to expand when it gets to operating temperature.

If you start up a cold engine that has a forged piston and "procede to get it on" without warm up,the piston can and will swell up faster than the cast iron cylinder,and cold seize (four corner seize) in the bore.

The forged piston has a looser fit,so more piston rocking in the bore.
A piston rocking in the bore lets the cylinder pressure leak past the rings.

This also makes it noisier.