new mods and admin....

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread is almost pointless. only in the fact that almost nothing will come about from this. you may get a few changes that are free changes, but thats it. as for new admins or mods...well like was mentioned b4 if and admin want more help, hell get it....and knows where to go. but the suggestions are good..lets teh admins and mods know whats people are wanting....

tyler, im not that busy of a guy...370, yes..me no...hahaha

theres nothing wrong with out mods or admins it's just that we need more...at honda atv forums they have like 15 mods..its ridicoulus<----did i spell that right? but back to the point,4ced,305 liquid,and yb should be mods in my opinion... and even 370 but like i said earlier hes very busy! or even rockstar? but hes also very busy!

Why bring more mods on? Is there an ongoing problem with tons of spam and trash talk going on that I and the other mods are not aware of? Are the reported posts not getting taken care of to your liking? You keep on saying bring more mods on bring more mods. But for what reason? Like I said before, all we can do is edit, delete, ban and give infractions.

What your asking for is more mods for things that a mod can not change. There are 6 mods on this site that log on daily and keep the site spam and garbage free. You yourself said in your post that your honda forum has like 15 mods and it was rediculous! Think of it this way, this forum is a company and the members are working, the mods are middle management and the admin is upper management. Please don't tell me that any of you in your real job would like to have MORE middle management. All your asking for when you ask for more mods is for more people looking over your shoulder.

As far as these small things that you guys want canged PM cbaber or djack. Most of them were put in for a reason. The 15 character thing was put in because we were having a lot of problems with people putting "ya" or "lol" or "omg" as the only words in their post. It was making threads cluttered and giving no real information. But, like I said before if you dont like how the chat times out or how long it takes between PM's shoot a message to admin, NOT MODS, we cant change that stuff, and I am sure they will consider changing it.

Last edited:
Why bring more mods on? Is there an ongoing problem with tons of spam and trash talk going on that I and the other mods are not aware of? Are the reported posts not getting taken care of to your liking? You keep on saying bring more mods on bring more mods. But for what reason? Like I said before, all we can do is edit, delete, ban and give infractions.

What your asking for is more mods for things that a mod can not change. There are 6 mods on this site that log on daily and keep the site spam and garbage free. You yourself said in your post that your honda forum has like 15 mods and it was rediculous! Think of it this way, this forum is a company and the members are working, the mods are middle management and the admin is upper management. Please don't tell me that any of you in your real job would like to have MORE middle management. All your asking for when you ask for more mods is for more people looking over your shoulder.

As far as these small things that you guys want canged PM cbaber or djack. Most of them were put in for a reason. The 15 character thing was put in because we were having a lot of problems with people putting "ya" or "lol" or "omg" as the only words in their post. It was making threads cluttered and giving no real information. But, like I said before if you dont like how the chat times out or how long it takes between PM's shoot a message to admin, NOT MODS, we cant change that stuff, and I am sure they will consider changing it.

I must agree with you there...

Thank you for all of your thought and opinions. Let me break down how this forum works.

Cbaber is the main admin. He controls everything from what font is shown to who is a supporting member. If you want things changed like banner and stuff like that he is the one to do it.

I can do things like add techs and supporting members. I can assign people to be mods. I can change a few different things here and there, but I do not have full admin privileges.

The mods, like stated before, can give infractions, ban, edit posts, and edit the chat box.

What you have to realize is that as a Mod you get tons and tons of PMs a day about everything you can think of. It is hard to stay as active as you want when you are trying to fix all the problems people have with posts ect. I see mods on all the time. I NEVER have to deal with reported posts because hey always do it before I can even get a chance.

As admin we get so many PMs about things it is hard to keep up. I myself have PMed Cbaber about stuff and it has taken sometimes weeks to respond. He has sent me PMs and it has taken me a while to respond.

Adding more mods is not going to fix things like the banner being a Raptor. Adding more admin is not going to fix the problems either. Cbaber spent a lot of time upgrading the forum to what we have today. I am members on other forums and this is one of the best.

I do regret not being as active as I once was, but what you guys all need to realize is that I cant just sit and post all day. I have to sift threw PMs and other stuff.

If you want a change in the site, ask Cbaber. he has all the power. I am like the vice president. Everything has to go threw him first. I hope that you understand all this.

I am a member of a forum that has a mod for every section that it has. Get even half of them on at one time and it is like someone is always watching you.

NONE of the mods on this forums ask to be. All of them were chosen. Let me know if there is anything that you want changed in a PM. Some of the things can not be changed with out money. Others can just be changed.

Speaking of moderators and PM's I just had to delete about 300 of them because my inbox of 500 was almost full.
Now I don't mind at all if anyone wants to PM me just sayin ;)

editing, banning and deleting isnt the problem. we need mods telling people to get topics back on track, keeping the maturity level up, hell even just telling big headed egomaniacs to tone it down a notch. there are lots of things more mods would be useful for. my main problems with the site is the immaturity, bickering, and ego trips that we see take over half way though every thread.

i realize the blaster is a kids quad and therefore there will be kids here but they along with the adults should be required to show a level of maturity. i bet half of the posts on this forum or more could be deleted without loosing any real info. weather it be because it has nothing to do with the topic, or is just plain useless.

theres alot of great info here but you gotta bring your hip waders to wade through the sh*t to get to the gold.

considering we teach 12yo's how to make their blasters 3x more powerfull and faster when a stock blaster is probably a lil more than they need, we should maintain atleast some seriousness.

this place taught me alot but anymore its just too loaded with childish bashing and joking that i dont log on much.

Outlawed: Thank you for your input. Your right, those are all things that we can do as mods. I myself will work more on keeping topics more on track and such and hammer down a bit on the "childish" stuff.

But as you know there are two edges to the blade. As soon as we start editing and peoples post to "keep them on track" we are going to have a bunch of people complaining about how the mods are moderating what they say too much.

That being said, if there is a small joke or something small that is off topic I may leave it. If it really starts to get out of hand it will be handled.

Outlawed: Thank you for your input. Your right, those are all things that we can do as mods. I myself will work more on keeping topics more on track and such and hammer down a bit on the "childish" stuff.

But as you know there are two edges to the blade. As soon as we start editing and peoples post to "keep them on track" we are going to have a bunch of people complaining about how the mods are moderating what they say too much.

That being said, if there is a small joke or something small that is off topic I may leave it. If it really starts to get out of hand it will be handled.

dont take it the wrong way im not saying the current mods dont do a good job. im just saying as the membership grows the mod group does also as well as adapting to how a larger population needs treated different than a small one.

some forums have made away around the stuff i mentioned in my last post but creating what they refer to as "bullsh*t bin" "trash bin" "shark tank" forums. just a small forum where people can post moderation free bullstuff. jokes, arguements pretty much all the stuff that shouldnt be in the regular forums. in that forum mods only moderate big problems such as death threats. plots planning illegal activity things like that. and when mods come across a thread in regular forums that are either going off track or non appropriate they eather "split" the thread good/bad and post the split version in the "bull bin" and leave the good part where its at or if the thread its self is innapropriate the whole thread goes there. they also use it as a form of punnishment sometimes where if someone gets so many infractions or something they can only post in the "bull bin"

as for the free speech crowd not all threads going off track need edited sometimes just a mod warning is enough to get it back on track.

im not trying to sound like a know it all, i just spend alot of time on forums and have done so for the last 10 years or so. im a member of photography forums, assault rifle forums, atv forums, tactical assault forums and others. with that i've seen there is a different way to treat each group of people and a moderation level to go with it. like on a photography forum the most anyone needs is a redirect for getting off topic, on assault rifle forums things are hevily moderated (due to legality's and danger) and even the gun nuts understand sometimes things need moderated,and they usually dont like anyone talking about limiting their free speach lol. with the possible danger of atv riding i feel moderation would be a good thing. getting someone hyped to do something their skill isnt ready for could get them kiled. i think people understand that. a prime example of people understanding that is when people on this forum get "boo'd" for posting a pic or vid with no helmet. a little freindly intervention goes a long way.

Since you guys brought it up the forum will be more heavily modded to control keeping threads on track and all that sort of stuff. There will be some small changes going on within the forum to hopefully make it better for all.

all i have to say for now is that i like this forum the way it is the childish stuff doesnt bother me to much unless it really gets a little too childish. i myself have gotten into a few arguements with people on this forum i just get carried away such as with gsxc1 when he came on here praising 4 strokes ill admit i was angry and said some very choice words that a 15 year old shouldnt be saying and i dont believe those posts were ever changed i have not checked to see. One of the people in this thread who has nominated himself for mod has got into some childish arguements himself with gsxc1 and back when dragblaster was on here not naming any names to avoid arguements. honestly we have enough mods even though i do wish some of them would be a little more active i understand that they have lives and are often going through many PM's from members. I do agree that some changes should be made such as the character and time limits the other bigger things such as the raptor in the banner dont bother me really. thats all i have to say on the matter

Reactions: tyler1blaster
all i have to say for now is that i like this forum the way it is the childish stuff doesnt bother me to much unless it really gets a little too childish. i myself have gotten into a few arguements with people on this forum i just get carried away such as with gsxc1 when he came on here praising 4 strokes ill admit i was angry and said some very choice words that a 15 year old shouldnt be saying and i dont believe those posts were ever changed i have not checked to see. One of the people in this thread who has nominated himself for mod has got into some childish arguements himself with gsxc1 and back when dragblaster was on here not naming any names to avoid arguements. honestly we have enough mods even though i do wish some of them would be a little more active i understand that they have lives and are often going through many PM's from members. I do agree that some changes should be made such as the character and time limits the other bigger things such as the raptor in the banner dont bother me really. thats all i have to say on the matter

rep!!! i agree,i act ennoying some times but it's all about fun! thank u 14!

thanks for the compliments about PSJ jeremy.. i'm glad you and others like it over there.. BF does have alot of younger members.. PSJ has very few in the 13-15 range and was originally suppoed to be an 18-up forum but that idea was scrapped (lets be honest.. PSJ is anything but familiy oriented..)
i've never been a fan of censorship.. so language useage be it crude sometimes has never been somthing limit very much... that said.. i think it;' great that the admin and mod staff here don't edit out every offensive word possible... i myself have a colorful vocabulary.. haha

haha newbie! jk jk that site is fun and the arcade is addicting! i think that we need one here

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put outlawed..

PSJ has it's humor, but they keep things in line I have saw over there.

CC thanks for the update! Awesome to hear you guys taking action instead of brushing it off. I mean that without sarcasm...

Status
Not open for further replies.