New issue

blaster_01

Mar 30, 2013
Ok so i was out riding the other day for a few hours and quad was running fine then i was climbing a hill and when i got to the top there was a rock about the size of my helmet that i ended up hitting....after that i slowed to a stop and checked to see if i destroyed anything(it was dark and i didn't see anything too bad) but then when i went to start it back up it was bogging out and wouldn't really go fast enough to get outta 1st....so i shut it off near the fire for some light to see if i could get a better look at it but still didn't see anything wrong...ended up not being able to drive it home cause every time i let the clutch out quad would die....so got a tow home and today i plugged the plug and it looked like sh*t so i drained the gas and it looks dark blue(so prob its running too rich and kept fouling out the plug) but would that really cause an issue a few hours into the ride?? and what would be the proper gap for a 2001 Blaster

p.s. mods are
-Bored out to 240
-Vforce 3 reeds
-Robbs Racing Port and Polished
-High Compression Cylinder Head
-35mm Carb
-Main Jets 155
-Double Rate Elka Shocks all around
-Custom A Arms (Extended 1 Forward 2 Out)
-Widening Swing Arm Kit (+4 Inches)
-Front Sprocket 14 Teeth (Renthal)
-Rear Sprocket 38 Teeth (Renthal)
-Custom Air Box
-PVL CDI Rev Limiter
-Barnett Racing Fly Wheel
-Barnett Clutch
-Stock Clutch Basket
-Robbs Racing Pipe
-FMF powercore 2
-Rear Rim 18/10-8
-Front Rim 20-10

the gap for all spark plugs on blasters should be .30 im pretty sure and you may have hit a hole in your engine somewhere with the rock causing it to suck in extra air and bog out? btw where did you get the +4 swingarm kit?

Have you disconnected your Throttle Override System? (TORS) sounds distinctly like a TORS problem. Dont forget the park brake on the post 03 models also prevents the bike from revving when applied. These switches can go faulty. Disconnect TORS and Parkbrake systems.

I would leak down test, then check TORS
Replace your plug and clean the carb set your float heights. If you had mixed too rich the quad would Have been bogging all the time it probaly wouldn't have done it all of a sudden.

Well for one. Unless you bought a big bore 240 kit, your blaster is Not 240.
Leak test it.
Depending on year, check the parking brake switch! It's known to mess you up, just cut the wires off and ur done.
Remove TORs properly with the kit

ok first off i bought the bike with all this stuff already done to it so i couldnt tell you where the +4 swinger came from sorry... second the kid i bought it from use to race it for iam pretty sure the TORS is already disconnected there is only the throttle cable coming outta my teracable thumb throttle and there are no wires coming off of my parking brake so i dont think thats it either...going to go get some plugs right now hopefully thats the issue... and the guy i bought it from had paper work of some racing shop in the area showing it was bored out so guessing he bought the bore kit and gave it to the shop

EDIT: figured it out.... was stupid enough to not check the ignition coil wire coming off that 2inch box near the rear of the frame....the smallest wire fell off...plugged it back in and it started up first kick like as ways!!!

Last edited: