new here, from NC

hey all. Im chris, i live in the charlotte Area.
I've had quite a few toys over the eyars, hopefully i'll be picking up my latest this weekend.
what i have now... 96 Kawasaki KX250 MotoX bike (i cant even ride it, im too short). Hopefully trading it for a 01 blaster with toomey exhaust. If it falls through i'll be lookin for other trades, i NEED 4 wheels ;)
here's a pic of the KX, and the 01 blaster i should be scooping up.

BTW, yes i'm a car guy. I dont really know how to work on 2 strokes, but i love to ride!
These are thumbnails, to keep the thread a nice even size, click on them to make them larger (on my photobucket).

not a bad bike. and a 2-stroke is easier to work on, a blaster is one of the easiest, the banshee imo is the easiest.
but hopefully you get that trade, it seems like a close to even swap, money wise. you might miss the power of the kx though.

not a bad bike. and a 2-stroke is easier to work on, a blaster is one of the easiest, the banshee imo is the easiest.
but hopefully you get that trade, it seems like a close to even swap, money wise. you might miss the power of the kx though.

Well the KX isnt running, still needs a couple nuts and bolts. just put a all new top end in it, repainted the plastics, checked the crankcase and all that as much as i could without splitting the case. it's ready to rock with a couple little parts. :) but i guess this guy has like 5 bikes he can egt parts from, and he doesnt like 4 wheels so it works out :)

Thanks for the compliment !

Welcome, man! Hope the Blaster trade works out... you'll love a Blaster once you get your hands on one. Then let the modding begin!

And this is really random, but I was at the Taco Bell in Indian Trail just yesterday with the wife! We stopped for dinner there after I got back in from getting another Banshee outta Charlotte! Maybe we can get a team of NC riders together sometime and hit the trails! :D

yea i had a 05 blaster before, fmf fatty with power core silencer, nerf bars, reeds, filter, jets. it was a nasty little 200!
Yea i'd like to get a group going, i dont even know where to ride out here. I'm about 5 minutes from that indian trail taco hell, over on lawyers. lots of woods and fields here but lots of rednecks that like to shoot first too.

Lol, that pretty much limits the fun, then! Dodging rough terrain and bullets... I ride on private property over here in Hamlet, but its all sand and not all the neighbors smile when three 2-stroke ATV's come to life and head for the hills. I need to look into ATV parks in NC. I know they're around...

Lol, that pretty much limits the fun, then! Dodging rough terrain and bullets... I ride on private property over here in Hamlet, but its all sand and not all the neighbors smile when three 2-stroke ATV's come to life and head for the hills. I need to look into ATV parks in NC. I know they're around...

i might have a place for us to ride, i have to look into it. there's an abandoned field over here by my place, nothing has been in there in years. it will have to wait until i get something to ride so i can ride over there and test the area out. keep in touch man, my facebook page is in my profile

welcome aboard man hope the deal works out for ya.

Thanks man. I do too, but even if it doesnt i will still hang here with you guys. anything with 4 wheels will be good for me, i'm too short to ride the KX whatsoever, cant even touch my toes on the ground when i sit on it hahaha

ya'll need to go to busco beach in goldsboro, not too many bullets ouy there.

LOL Nice... they charge to ride there?

Hey Carguy, I'm right down the road from you in Wesley Chapel & Monroe. Where in Indian Trail are you located? My partner (in Salisbury) & I own Two Stroke Technologies. We sell Blasters, their parts, & do all types of repairs/rebuilds on them and all other motorcycles, dirtbikes, & atv's. Hit me up sometime.

So i officially own it now. Brought her home today.
noticed a few things right off the bat. Somebody did an extreme wheelie. to the point that either it bent the grab bar and everything else, or the bar wasn't on it. It bent the support bar underneath where the seat bolts down. no biggie, i'm workin on it. And i can tell it's been ridden, you can see where the plastics got rolled or something. oh well, thats what it's made for.
anyway, spent alot of time cleaning, getting her lookin good and all that.
It's Got...
full toomey exhaust
bored .025 over
Filter (not sure which kind, but it's aftermarket) with no lid
Brand new top end.. still in break-in period
here's some pics, the last one is a video, click to watch
What ya think?

<-- my son CJ loves it too
Video:

Nice ride Chris. I've got 6 white Blasters, but seeing your's makes me want a blue one now. Tomorrow's purchase is white with a black seat and yellow tank cover. I seem to find white ones everywhere I look!

Hey Carguy, I'm right down the road from you in Wesley Chapel & Monroe. Where in Indian Trail are you located? My partner (in Salisbury) & I own Two Stroke Technologies. We sell Blasters, their parts, & do all types of repairs/rebuilds on them and all other motorcycles, dirtbikes, & atv's. Hit me up sometime.

Sent you a PM ;)

Nice ride Chris. I've got 6 white Blasters, but seeing your's makes me want a blue one now. Tomorrow's purchase is white with a black seat and yellow tank cover. I seem to find white ones everywhere I look!

LOL i'll be lookin for a parts swap. i know that both hoods (early and late) sell for around the same price on ebay... all day long. and i'd love to convert mine, exchange parts with someone thats got a 03-present hood

nice lookin blasty man

thanks! As you can see, a work in progress