new guy from upstate ny

jmacduece

Jan 12, 2010
albany ny
what up everyone........picked up a 2000 blaster and needed a ton of stuff done to it.......fixed it all up and then of coarse BLEW IT UP........full top end rebuild bored .05 over and she goes real good.......except that when i try to top it out it doesent have any power in 5th and 6th gear....im barley able to top 4th...but all other gears are amazing....main needle set at 3rd slot of the 5.....stock carbuerator....full DG exaust...oil block off....custom intake with no lid.....boysen 2 stage reeds....32:1 mix ratio.....anyone got any ideas why.....i took my GPS with me and and i was only able to get it to 46mph and i think that theres alot more to it......thanks....oh yea this forum kicks ass....and you guys are the MAN

what jet are you running in that stock carb? stock jetting is 230 but with no airbox lid you need a 270-280ish. also if you do still have the stock jet in thats why you blew it up and its gonna happen again if you dont rejet. oh yeah and welcome to the forum man!!

yea i still got a 230 jet in it.....and it was broke in properly.....but there was numerous proiblems with it bescides the re-build......u think that a jet would affect the last 2 gears ....well ok with me.....ill give it a try....thanks for the imput guys...mad reps

Welcome to the forum.
Ya 230 is way to lean you shouldnt run it at all till you rejet it. You can get jets at jetsrus.com pretty cheap.

welcome aboard dude, yea i would up it to a 260 to 290, somewhere in there.....that main jet being small is why its lacking in the top for ya