New from missouri

ThatGuy01

May 1, 2014
St. Louis
Hey guys, Name is Adam.

Just bought a pre-03 blaster, few mods:

From what ive been told by a trusted friend at work who had it before me an Illinois builder "RCR" went through everything and its built for flat track. apparently it runs like a raped ape but ive never rode it yet.

No spark issue, figured it was worth the dirt cheap price he was asking for it.

AC Nerf bars, FMF Gold series Fatty, FMF Powercore 2, Lowering kit, Some kind of sway bar for flat track- that's going- Tusk handlebars, Renthal bar pad, and 2" wheel spacers, I think that's all.. the sway bar looks new but I have no clue it could just be in good shape.

Anyway- I frequent my diesel forums VERY often im a huge diesel junkie, and am a diesel mechanic so I hope my fingers aren't too big to work on these little engines lol.. pretty much joining in hopes of using the site for diagnosis and ideas on more power..

and one big question, what the heck would it take to beat a heavy guy on a raptor 660?? hehe

Hi Adam, welcome.

I may sound like a parrot but leak test the engine before you think of riding it.

The 660 could be a tall order to beat, but you could give him a run for his money.

A parrot lol.. If you want to beat him in the trails that's do able.. A blaster is light and nimble and perfect for trails.. Make sure it is tuned properly first and perform leak down test and compression test and go from there..

And Welcome to the forum.. :cool:

if you need a stator? try to get a oem stator cuz its a waste of time and money to buy most of the aftermarket ones:) you cant cheap out on it ...and welcome to the forum:)

Lol i used to live at cloud 9 ranch for a few years when I was a kid and grew up on a 03 blaster, it seemed bigger when I was 13.. And I figured beating a raptor was going to be hard, first things first I'm gunna clean the carb and put new gas in the tank, then track the wiring mess it has (it was chopped for racing so it's a mess to me). I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get it clean

Welcome to the forum. There is a downloadable manual on here to help with the wiring. The best way to get more power out of a Blaster is with porting and a head mod.

Ritter cycle racing apparently did the 232 big bore kit, went through the head and crank, and ported it all already. I'm SO ready to get it running, I just hope my 225lbs can be carried around the trails in an easy manner

Not sure on the 232 big bore kit. I do know Ritter cycle has a really good reputation, especially in the polaris world. I have done business with him and he is a good guy to deal with.

image.jpg
There is, and I have done it, but for the life of me after my stroke I cannot remember how.

You need to take a screen shot and upload that file as pics are too big.

You may need to use Google Chrome as Safari loads it sideways from an IPhone.

As you see I did it, thanks for making me use my brain, after all that is what the doc says I have to do for a good recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatGuy01