New from Michigan

CammyRacing

Sep 10, 2011
Farmington Hills, MI
Hey everyone! Bought a blaster in pieces a few months ago, working on putting it all together. New to owning a quad but I figure I'll learn fast having to rebuild to whole thing! Pics are up of where I'm at so far...sure I'll be referring to this site a lot!

Just figured out how to add them! And...not a guy! Thanks for the welcome!

This is where I'm at
m9rtxi.jpg

I bought it like this...

2gsh015.jpg

23t3yas.jpg

Thanks! I currently have two projects blaster going. You know much about blowing a hole threw the piston? With this one we figure it was running lean and one of the seals may have been bad. Anything else I should be looking for?

hi, im also from michigan, :) sorry to thread steal, any one been to mount morris mounds? im heading there next weekend. with my blaster and 400 ex, :)

Thanks! I currently have two projects blaster going. You know much about blowing a hole threw the piston? With this one we figure it was running lean and one of the seals may have been bad. Anything else I should be looking for?

Definitely sounds like it was ran lean. More then likely an air leak or was rode it extremely cold weather without a rejet. Could be an air leak, improper jetting, exhaust leak, maybe even if regular gas was put in it without oil....
If you can look at the head and cylinder and find an air leak it should be an easy fix. There is a possibility that there is a leak where the cases seal together or it could be a crank leak but those are much less likely then the top end being the problem.

hi, im also from michigan, :) sorry to thread steal, any one been to mount morris mounds? im heading there next weekend. with my blaster and 400 ex, :)

I have a buddy that used to take his jeeps there. I've never been but he loves it. Been thinking about going but I wanna hit silver lake and michigan moto mania again first. I usually ride a leota trail head in harrison, mi.

Definitely sounds like it was ran lean. More then likely an air leak or was rode it extremely cold weather without a rejet. Could be an air leak, improper jetting, exhaust leak, maybe even if regular gas was put in it without oil....
If you can look at the head and cylinder and find an air leak it should be an easy fix. There is a possibility that there is a leak where the cases seal together or it could be a crank leak but those are much less likely then the top end being the problem.

I have a buddy that used to take his jeeps there. I've never been but he loves it. Been thinking about going but I wanna hit silver lake and michigan moto mania again first. I usually ride a leota trail head in harrison, mi.
I will be on the leota trail all weekend. We have a cabin about 1 mile from the trail. If you see a white and red blaster stop and say hi!

Welcome,
Nice looking motor, but you should seal it in plastic when it's not fully put together, it's real easy for a mod bug to get in there! :D