New Blaster owner. NEED HELP BAD!!!

N

NismoFreak

well, this is my first blaster. i picked it up for $300 its an 89. and until a week ago it was running great, i bought it after the kid who owned if before me broke it.

He told me he was out on the trail and everything was working fine until he wrecked it. then it wouldnt start. after he kicked it till his leg fell of it finally turned over sputtered and puked then died. and now the kickstart just kinda falls. i mean i can grab it with my hand and take it up and down as if there was no spark plug or piston in it.

So whats going on? am i completely screwed? did i just waste $300?

sounds like u have no compression .. yeah i think u got a great deal .. if i was u i would pull the top end and see how she looks u may be able to get away with just replacing the piston and rings ..

mm yeah most likely .. just pull the top end off and see is your piston is in tact and nothing went into your case ..

yup, either the rings are shot or the piston has a hole in the top of it from being too lean. if the rings are gone, just buy a .25 piston kit with rings and gaskets then have the cylinder bored to suit. it should run you aobut $100 to get it all done and back on the road in no time. if theres a hole in the piston from running lean, you will need a little more work to get all the metal shavings out of the crankcase but its the same process as above when rebuilding.

also, if the piston is shot, you should prob tune your carb in order to keep it from happening again.