New blaster HELP

900 is to much for a bike with painted plastics and in need of a top end. While I am a fan of painted plastics I don't like those. He didn't even paint the bottom. I would keep an eye out for something better IMO.

Re: new blaster?

possibly a good deal.

Will need more than rings im sure. (point that out to him)

Have it honed and get a matching piston size. Get it ported too :D

I say get him down more in price, i really doubt his "end of the season and i need money" is true

Pipe looks identical to my LRD

I would buy the 06 blaster in west Monroe for 900 before I bought that one. The 06 needs a top end, but it's got hydro brakes and good plastics.

I was to ignorant to heat cycle the engine and jumped right back on it and melted the piston out so I had to put the worn out piston back in,

A penny to a pinch of excrement, that was the result of not leak testing.

Its nice but idk if I'd pay that for an almost stock blaster, especially considering you may need a lot of money in the engine depending on how bad its looking...I'd offer him like 600 and ask to pull the top end apart to examine as well...if looking good, yes maybe even for 700

that thing looks beat!! and it looks like it was just freshly painted for the sale to cover for years of abuse. i prefer to find one dirty then to find one that is freshly painted to hide things.

for all you know the piston skirt broke and took out the crank, or the crank thrust washers broke and took out everything. unless you are taking the engine apart before buying, i would count on replacing crank and top end just to give you an idea in your head of how much you MIGHT have to put into it AFTER you purchase it, price all those parts up, add the 900, then look for a better blaster on craigslist that adds up to that amount that is ready to go

Blasters are a dime a dozen.i have bought two running for a combined price of 850.id keep lookin or get the 06

NOBODY​
in their right mind is going to tear it apart to "inspect" it 8-|. Be lucky if he'd pull the pipe and let you look up the ex port.

O.P.s ad has been posted for 2 months, W. Monroe for almost a month. Did it really burn down from not re-torqueing the head, or is there another hidden problem?

The way I see it is they both need the same amount of engine work. Tho the black one runs (for how long :eek:?) the 06 is far nicer overall. I:I

I would offer maybe $6 for the black one, 750 for the 06.

Side note, dude has a "different" ad posted Dec 5 hhmmmmmmmmm 8-|

If you want a fixxer, one in Syracuse for $500, talk it down