New Blaster (back in the game)

Well you need to investigate why it was dry (bad seals, drain plug stripped, etc) or you might be doing all that work again shorty after. You need to go thru any new motor with a fine tooth comb.

Well you need to investigate why it was dry (bad seals, drain plug stripped, etc) or you might be doing all that work again shorty after. You need to go thru any new motor with a fine tooth comb.

Ken will be doing a complete rebuild. I'm gonna let the experts handle this one

Lack of oil should not cause detonation, lack of fuel will.

Could it have been running very lean?

I don't think he ran any oil in the gas.

Couple things here. You don't need a crank puller. Also why would you put a 300 ex shock on the rear and not a 400 ex? If you have to replace the crank put a stroker crank in it.

Couple things here. You don't need a crank puller. Also why would you put a 300 ex shock on the rear and not a 400 ex? If you have to replace the crank put a stroker crank in it.

I wanted a crank puller in case i decided to rebuild it myself and not send it to Ken. And the 300ex is supposed to be 400ex(fat thumbs) whats the benefits of a stroker?

I wanted a crank puller in case i decided to rebuild it myself and not send it to Ken. And the 300ex is supposed to be 400ex(fat thumbs) whats the benefits of a stroker?

A stroker crank is going to give you a good jump in motor size (stock motor-195cc, +3 with stock bore-205cc, +4 with stock bore-209cc). If you have a bigger bore than stock that jump in size will be slightly more since you are displacing a larger area.

If done right, that jump in motor size ultimately leads to a good jump in HP. From what I hear others say, it gives a good amount of power down low. I'm not for certain about the power up top but I would imagine you get some gains up top too.