New airbox

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
I just installed my new CFM airbox. I really like it. I put a silicone intake reducer on it as recommended. Only thing I can see is it will be a pain when I go to plug chop. It was a bit challenging getting the boot on. It will be difficult to remove carb without removing the entire box. Oh well. As for the mount that sits in the frame, all I did was use a large fender washer to span the rails. Also put a neoprene washer between the washer and the frame to secure/protect the frame better. Box is solid.

We will keep fingers crossed that you have the correct jetting and that the carby will not need removal after the plug chop

A phone takes some pretty big pics which may need re sizing before uploading.

You could try taking a screen shot of the pic and uploading it, that's what I do and it seems to work.

This one was way oversize, I took a screen shot and it uploaded just fine., just a snack I knocked up!

image.jpg

Last edited:
grease the rear section of the silicon boot and the cfm box tube behind the silicon boot, makes sliding it back to remove the carb much much easier :)

Reactions: motoman159
put a rag under the carb, shut off gas. you shouldn't even have to remove gas line. loosen carb boot clamps, rotate carb top towards you and remove cap and slide( persuming you dont have the tors top still on it) rotate carb other direction and remove the bowl screws. again, cap removal also depends on if you can rotate the carb enough to remove the cap. if you have to, rotate to the other side. change your jets and reassemble in reverse order. no need to pull out carb. ive done this with success. not saying it will work for everyone or every bike, but its worth a try.

Last edited: