New 96 blaster build

Bigjay420

Dec 18, 2009
Adrian MI
I got ahold of a 96 blaster for free. Its all tore apart and in boxes, but everything looks good frame and suspension wise. The motor though broke a ring and also cracked the cylinder. I also got everything to put banshee front brakes on ordered so waiting for that. Got a question though i dont have the money for a 240 kit so would i be able to put a big bore sleeve in the stock cylinder? I cant find my camera but when i do i will get some pics up

yea get some pictures on here. but dude thats awesome even though you need to put money in it its well worth it. and even if it doesnt work you can always part it out.

yeah i couldnt really pass the offer up lol but i have a bunch of ideas for it but i will get some pics up when i get the front brakes in

well until i get my pics up this is what i have done so far. I went and stripped the paint off the frame and front suspension which was a pain lol but got the frame all primed and 3 coats of paint will clear coat it tomarrow but wanted to black it all out so the front suspension is gloss black and i thought what the heck do the frame with black bed liner paint so i think it turned out goodI:I but i am waitin for the rest of my front hydros to come in so im at a stand still. but when i can figure out why i cant load pics i will get some up

pic kind of sucks need better lights in shop

after i painted it
vzjzgy.jpg
r7noux.jpg

before i painted it
2lwawlg.jpg

well until i get my pics up this is what i have done so far. I went and stripped the paint off the frame and front suspension which was a pain lol but got the frame all primed and 3 coats of paint will clear coat it tomarrow but wanted to black it all out so the front suspension is gloss black and i thought what the heck do the frame with black bed liner paint so i think it turned out goodI:I but i am waitin for the rest of my front hydros to come in so im at a stand still. but when i can figure out why i cant load pics i will get some up

i'm getting ready to do my frame in herculiner are u happy with the way it turned out or should i not do it????

its not as shiny as gloss black and its kind of ruff but i think it looks good and now it will be able to take some damage i will put some better pics up here in a sec but i do like it

Thanks i got bored today so i painted my pipe and silencer with some high heat black now would i be able to clear coat it or would the heat mess it up?
2l48er.jpg

212g83k.jpg

got the lower end painted and clear coated this morning. got it all mocked up in the frameI:I, havent paint the cylinder or head still have to get some work done to them i found a 34 mm carb laying in the back of the shop from a old sled so what jets should i run for it i will have a stroker crank and a bb kit? and also i need a spacer for the intake because the carb its the clutch lever does anyone have one layin around?
2ir1c14.jpg

2q2lhfm.jpg

sl0j00.jpg