New 4wd

ant_mb

Feb 22, 2010
Delran NJ
Looking to supliment my Silverado with a new 4wd. Do any of you guys own a Hummer? Don't want a H3, and would prefer the original slant back, but tthis seems like a good deal. I can pick it up for slightly over 21,000. Thoughts?

33de3o3.jpg

I don't need it, or even claim to be able to use it to it's capabilities, I just WANT it! My Silverado gets about 13 MPG so I'm not looking for improved MPG.

I've loved the Hummer for quite a few years, and am now in the position to be able to buy one, Just looking for thought and concerns on the H@.

You know Chevy dropped the Hummer line and nobody bought it right? There is a reason it is WICKED cheap, parts are gonna be a biotch and service fees are gonna be astronomical....not to mention 10mpgs. You might be able to afford the payment, but what about the fuel? Also, you Silverado has a cool place for a bike, lumber, coolers, and such....ya get the Hummer, you've only got room for the old ladies lipstick.

My opinion is I will never ever ever ever ever get one. So no help from me! haha

man those things are crap, trannies are garbage and they get like 8 mpg and are not worth a sh*t, the u joints are cheaply made and fall apart, the axle bearings go out on a regular basis, unless u do them urself, its 450 a time at the dealer. these are just the problems my buddy had with his, he wanted rid of it so bad he took a 4k hit on trade for a truck

a friend at work replaced his gmc 1500 with an H3 for the fuel economy.

v8 something in the gmc and the 5cyl in the h3. not 1 month after owning the h3 was it in the shop for the cylinderhead on the 5cyl. covered under warranty