Need some Help with my Blaster

MiataMatt

May 19, 2014
Hello guys! I have a 99 blaster and my brakes are literally like sh*t. I've put new pads and cables and cleaned the drums all out and rear caliper but still a no go on stopping very well. My front right side wheel will work and will lock up but I dont like the way it works and how I ride I feel unsafe. My rear brakes are terrible. Words cant describe it.
So what im asking is, is if there is a way to have a hydraulic setup. I know 03 & up have them and all. I looked up some info on it and wondering what are my options and what I can do to have better brakes. I do have a banshee that the motor is out because the actual clutch blew inside the motor. Now I dont want to take that all apart because thats a future project also. So let me know what my options are also again.

Now the 2nd problem is, is that she is running very choppy, she will bog out and misfire and act weird. Never happend to me before when I rode it and its got me concerned. I took off the plug and found some metal pieces inside of the plug. Now I was very concerned. Took the pieces out and regapped the plug. Started right up and acted normal. Quad started to act up again the next day before I was going to leave to go home. Just drove it back and parked it. Now what are my options there with seeing metal pieces in the plug. At first me and my dad thought it was piston pieces but quad started up fine so it still has compression. Should I overhaul the engine and open it up at all? Wondering what my options are on this. Well besides cleaning my air filter and the little stuff. Want the quad to be well healthy for the summer time and not have to worry about breaking down constantly because of this issue and also being able to stop like the above issue too!

Thank you everyone who can help with the issues I have and can explain and maybe give me some insight on them!

As to the running/metal bits. You may be having detonation from bad/old fuel, dirty/maladjusted carb , or air leak causing lean condition. Clean carb and do leakdown test.

As to brakes, make sure everything in the drums operates smoothly. Adjust cables to specs from manual. Front hydo conversion can be pretty pricey. I did a rear using part off a Warrior.

Reactions: MiataMatt
As to the running/metal bits. You may be having detonation from bad/old fuel, dirty/maladjusted carb , or air leak causing lean condition. Clean carb and do leakdown test.

As to brakes, make sure everything in the drums operates smoothly. Adjust cables to specs from manual. Front hydo conversion can be pretty pricey. I did a rear using part off a Warrior.
Alright cool thank you! I want to hear from other people also! I guess ill have a look at the manual because when we did the brakes we just replaced them all and made it feel right. Could you give me some more info on the rear setup with the warrior? I do alot of wheelies and all and rear brakes are my friend, that setup if you could tell me would be great to know!!

As to the metal, before you start the engine again perform a leak test.

If it passes and is leak free clean the carby, paying attention to the jets.

Reactions: MiataMatt
Is there a way I can get into contact with him about the brake setups?
Click on his name and start a conversation!
image.jpg
image.jpg