Need opinions on a rebuild

Trevor Drye

Aug 8, 2017
I bought an 04 a good while back an I'm just now getting around to messing with it. Top ends shot. Gonna put a stock cylinder an piston back in it but I'm also going with a full new exhaust, new reeds, new handle bars an a few other things. Just wanted to get some opinions on the best parts for the best price an whats good for it an what are the no-no's. Any helps greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-08-11-48-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-08-11-48-39.png
    402.5 KB · Views: 163
Steer clear of the Chinese eBay cylinder kits. Have yours bored and honed to a match a new oversized piston.

As far as reeds go. I like my VF4's, but I never had problems with the boysens I had in there before. Get what you can afford and what you want.

Reactions: Awk08
Steer clear of the Chinese eBay cylinder kits. Have yours bored and honed to a match a new oversized piston.

As far as reeds go. I like my VF4's, but I never had problems with the boysens I had in there before. Get what you can afford and what you want.
Do these stock cylinder have that nika seal crap or can you just bore it?

You can bore it. The only nikasil coated cylinders for a blaster I know of are Arisal.

A clean up bore and hone on a stock Jap cylinder will do you justice for a long time.