Need jetting help fast

chapapadap

Mar 4, 2014
Tampa, Florida
www.myspace.com
So as a christmas present i got my nephew a full fmf exhaust, Boysen reeds, and a K&N filter for the Blaster. I have the 230 a 270 and a 310 main jet on hand. 270 seems right to me but looking for opinions. Need to have the bike put back together by tomorrow so any help is greatly appreciated.

..i would say i think fmf calls for a 280..then add the more breathable filter to it then 290...if you take the lid off perhaps 1 more size...so yeah between 280-310....you can always run rich .....but not lean..put the 310 in if it runs like crap then deal with it until you decide if it is too big

i would go at least 280main
worse that will happen is it will sputter till it burns all the fuel up,on low rpm to wide open.
i think fmf cals for a 280 main anyways so if you add other factors into it then you need to increase but search fmf pipe recommendation.....alot of things come into play in jetting whicj is why everyone says plug chop...if the kid is not going to pin it all then it wont matter really lol...tilll a grown up gets on it:)

i'm going with the 310 to start, or even larger depending on the current temps in FLA. ?
we ran a 300 here at @1800' during cooler 40/50F months with open airbox and UNI filter.
we run a 290 in the summer.
your sea level air will require more fuel.
270 is too lean at sea level and cooler than summer temps, IMO
throw the fuel to her :)
run it rich and don't melt it until you can do chops.

put the 310 in then if your desperate see how it runs,when it is pinned,cuz it is only supposed to matter when it is above 3/4 throttle....if the 310 is to rich you will know cuz it will bog from to much gas./or improper airscrew/idle ajustment.

Last edited:
^^^ That's right, you can really throw anthing in there as long as you don't go over 3/4 throttle. As long as your filter is on right and sealed properly, the lid off shouldn't be much problem, the k&n's air made for dusty/sandy conditions. Normally its only suggested to leave lid on in very wet conditions. Air screw has no affect above 3/4 throttle