Need help!

Barak

Mar 18, 2017
I've got an 02 blaster. I've got boyseen reeds, a fmf gold series pipe with a dg silencer. It's got 270 main and the clip is placed in the middle slot on the needle, and it's bored . 060 over.it also has the tors delete on it. My problem is in the first and 2nd gears it would spudder around 3/4 to full throttle, my air filter looked pretty much shot so I bought a new ( kinda the k&n style) and new it seems to do it in all gears now

Last edited:
"Spudder" sounds rich. With a DG silencer ur probably not going to have much gain in flow. Not much of a upgrade requiring more fuel unless you have the air box lid off and oil injection delete..?

Replacement of a bad air filter with a higher(?) flow (K&N style) and resulting in a worse condition implies too lean..
Have u leak tested?
Have u tried a plug chop.?
Have you tried running without the air box lid.?
Tried running with choke on first indent? (Perhaps not a tell for the upper throttle range idk)
Good plug, b(r)8es?
Good spark.?
Good reeds.?
Cylinder and head nuts torqued.?

Assuming the worst case scenario ,which is too lean, I'd check cylinder nuts first then leak down test .

"Spudder" sounds rich. With a DG silencer ur probably not going to have much gain in flow. Not much of a upgrade requiring more fuel unless you have the air box lid off and oil injection delete..?

Replacement of a bad air filter with a higher(?) flow (K&N style) and resulting in a worse condition implies too lean..
Have u leak tested?
Have u tried a plug chop.?
Have you tried running without the air box lid.?
Tried running with choke on first indent? (Perhaps not a tell for the upper throttle range idk)
Good plug, b(r)8es?
Good spark.?
Good reeds.?
Cylinder and head nuts torqued.?

Assuming the worst case scenario ,which is too lean, I'd check cylinder nuts first then leak down test .
Update: I do have the air box lid off and the oil injection delete. The other day I took my carb apart I found the needle was a little bent and the clip was split in two I ordered a carb rebuild kit

make sure you have the washer under the main jet when you rebuild the carb.
DSCN4875.JPG