Need help with new hyosung shutting off after hard run

michaelbell85

Dec 31, 2011
Divernon Illinois
so i took a chance and bought a 2008 hyosung 450.Bought from a guy that was getting divorced.It is brand new less than 15 miles on it.So i rode for about 10 hours and now after i ride it hard it shuts off.But i never here the fan on. I believe after a month you need to go and check all grounds and all bolts. I dont know what exactly is wrong with it but it could be a number of things. It starts up and runs instantly when you hit starter.So the battery isnt totally dead but im thinking when the fan is turned on it drains the 4 year old battery.Or ive got a losse ground somewhere but the gas light on the dash flashes in and out as well.And the over heat light never comes on before it shuts off.After it shuts off it sets for a couple seconds and starts right back up. I do not know if there is a sensor if it gets hot it shuts off or not. But im leading toward a new battery or some type of loose ground somehwere.If anyone can help it would be really nice.

Sounds like you are on the path, with a possibly weak battery or ground issue.

The trouble with the "chinese quads" (I know Hyosung is actually South Korean but that's not what I mean by chinese quads, I mean ANY off brand) isn't how they are when they're brand new..... it's how big a headache they can become as they age!

this thing is 4 years old and brand new basically ive read these quads going over 8000 road miles before a rebuild is needing done.i dont think any big 7 manufactures can do this with hp output of this thing so far.

this thing is 4 years old and brand new basically ive read these quads going over 8000 road miles before a rebuild is needing done.i dont think any big 7 manufactures can do this with hp output of this thing so far.

8k road miles but you're having random shut down problems you suspect are electrically related. Something sounds fishy....

Sounds like a sensor issue. If they tie into the ignition. maybe the overheat light is burned out and maybe the flashing gas light is a chinese low level sensor or a code?? Or maybe the fan is bad and when the sensor goes to switch it on, it shorts all power. Unplug fan and see if it shuts off but don't sit still as it will then be air cooled!

anything you buy new after you ride it should be throughly inspected by dealer thats why there is a warranty. Valve adjusted after 10 hours or a month is like any four stroke. I believe i might of rattled a ground. Or the gas light is doing it.But i never hear the fan run so i might start it up with fan unplugged and see if the overheat light efver comes on.

just a thought.......found a loose connection on an in-line fuse, under the seat of my bro-in-laws kfx700
check every connection

anything you buy new after you ride it should be throughly inspected by dealer thats why there is a warranty. Valve adjusted after 10 hours or a month is like any four stroke. I believe i might of rattled a ground. Or the gas light is doing it.But i never hear the fan run so i might start it up with fan unplugged and see if the overheat light efver comes on.

Oh no! I've NEVER adjusted the valves on my blaster.... :p I:I

Buy a service manual for it and go through the electrical service section to find the fault or you could take it to a local hyosung dealer and find some replacement parts. 8-|

Here's another thought, have you checked the engine oil? I may have low oil shuoff. And if it does only have ten hours it's past due for a first oil change. Have you tried getting a manual for it? Have you checked into parts availability? Probably only AM parts for it are grips

yeah just changed oil it was suppossed to have 2.5 quarts in it.I drained into pan and filled 4.25 empty quart cans.And i just ordered my $575 pro circuit pipe for it and there are some basic aftermarket stuff for it.Almost all ltz400 stuff fits.Pro armor makes all the skid plates and nerf bars.Im very happy with it so far. I took it out on the motocross track and the suspension handled very well even off the jumps.People dog hyosung without riding one.I did get outran dragging my buddies yfz450 atv but i was coming up to him when i hit fifth and he had pipe and cams in his.Webcams will do my cams and wiseco makes a high compression piston for it. Im gonna go threw electronics tomorrow ill kep you posted and get some pictures. Theres alot of off brand atv thats are giving more bang for there buck rather than the big 7 these days.Check out apache quads,goes,atk has a 700cc 2 stroke dirt bike that is mean as hell.

yeah just changed oil it was suppossed to have 2.5 quarts in it.I drained into pan and filled 4.25 empty quart cans.And i just ordered my $575 pro circuit pipe for it and there are some basic aftermarket stuff for it.Almost all ltz400 stuff fits.Pro armor makes all the skid plates and nerf bars.Im very happy with it so far. I took it out on the motocross track and the suspension handled very well even off the jumps.People dog hyosung without riding one.I did get outran dragging my buddies yfz450 atv but i was coming up to him when i hit fifth and he had pipe and cams in his.Webcams will do my cams and wiseco makes a high compression piston for it. Im gonna go threw electronics tomorrow ill kep you posted and get some pictures. Theres alot of off brand atv thats are giving more bang for there buck rather than the big 7 these days.Check out apache quads,goes,atk has a 700cc 2 stroke dirt bike that is mean as hell.

I don't want you to misunderstand me... I'm not saying that all quads/dirtbikes/motorcycles that are not made by a nationally recongnized brand are total crap. Engine's are rocket science (sort of) and there are companies in every corner of the globe that have them "figured out". What I'm saying is that when you buy a quad not made by one of the major brands you do so knowing that you are taking a risk of being completely on your own for replacement parts (factory or aftermarket) and repair knowledge.

Also, ATK is not really a "knock off".... they're the company that took over cannondale's prodution and parts supply. Also, now they've coupled with hyosung (the south korean manufacturer of your TE450 quad) to produce rebadged "GV" cruisersto sell at Harley dealerships! I would still consider, for a time, the GV series cruiser's "knock offs" until they get the QA/QC under control and parts supply chains rolling.

A lot of "knock offs" downfall is that you can't get basic replacement parts (like carburetor rebuild kits!) or much aftermarket support. Also, they use inferior electronics.... You see a lot of CL that have "electronic problems" listed. The connectors they use are substandard, they corrode easily, the wire is brittle, the connections inside the wiring harnesses breakdown..... the list seemingly goes on forever.

Also, the reason the aftermarket companies are "supporting" the TE450 is because it's a reverse engineered "big 7" quad. Those companies aren't actually making product lines to fit that quad.... they're making parts to fit the quads that quad was designed identical to and the aftermarket companies "figured out" that the parts to fit the other quads also fit the TE450...

yeah checked all connections today and noticed alot of them feel cheapy when they click in.Got the fan to turn on so thats not the issue and battery ran 14.02 steady.Not sure where to go from here.

Low hours and having problems doesn't look good for the 8000k mark. I would suggest adding dielectric grease to every connection. Clean every ground spot and under coil. Add grease to grounds. Have you determined absolutely that there is no low oil/pressure shut off sensor? I would suspect an electrical component is heating up and shutting down.

could be the fuel pump. also, i have always wanted to see one of these things go, they seem a tad bit heavy, but seem to have verry good power output, and don't seem very cheaply made...

yeah its a little heavy but for the woods its not bad for distrivuting power when you need it instead of spinning in the mud.And the swingarm is the most solid swingarm ive ever seen on any atv.

They aren't a "little" heavy they are insanely heavy. Over 150lbs more than my TRX450R. Tell me where that weight comes from? Not heavy wiring.....