need help with my blaster

AllForTheLove

Sep 11, 2009
lemme start by saying hello all . i need help cuz im a newb to this and i jus got a 98 blaster couple weeks ago. it started in a couple kicks cold but it needed new rear tires. i ordered new tires got em 2days ago and started it up and rode it around for like 5 mins and i come back in front of my house and it dies out because i was in 2nd gear. i pput it in neutral and try to kick it on tried about 300 times i got frustrated so i jus left it. the next day i keep trying to kick it and its like it isnt parking because the light wouldnt even flash wen i kick it. so i went to autozone and picked up a b8eg spark plug and put it in and still no results. then i try pushing it down the hill and kicking it in gear. it kinda turns over but not completely cuz it dies right out andd i tried an tried again nd again. i dont wanna get rid of the bike but i jus wanna know how it starts right away at one time then it doesnt start at all. '

thank you

thanks for the welcome,
i tried with choke and without choke. Sorry if i sound like a newbie but i need direction on checking the grounds and wires. i have checked the wires ive seen though

take the plug out and hook it to the sparkplug wire and kick it to see if it is getting spark, also pull the fuel line off the carb to make sure that it is getting fuel

start by checking all the ground wires under the hood, they should be bolted to the frame somewhere by all the black boxes under the hood, take evrything off and make sure u have bare metal for a good ground

DAMN... the screw that holds the hood on is rusted and its starting to strip... im about to crack it but i n wanna harm the beauty of it lol

when you checked for the spark,did you put a screwdriver or something metal clsoe to the spark plug?? cuz if not your not gonna see a spark.