Need help with bars

Fuxitall

Apr 25, 2015
I'm looking to buy new handle bars but kind of new to all of this and am kinda curious as to what bars I should buy help anyone?

There's a lot of good bars, you have pro taper , renthal , Tag T2, Fly. Just to name some of the popular ones. I have Tag T2 bars because they were on it when I bought it and I love them. Most people swear by fly and pro taper. The good thing is they really are not expensive so you can try out different ones and see what fits you best.

Thanks I really appreciate it! Now to mount the 1 1/8 bars I need the mounting clamps don't I? And don't some bars require risers?

So these will work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 133
The fat bars require a 1 1/8" clamp. Conversion clamps are out there. (7/8" - 1 1/8") I just recently went with oversized bars but haven't ridden with them. But they are typically made of aluminum and don't require a cross brace. That allows for more flex and comfortable ride.

Ahhhh got ya, this may sound kinda dumb but I keep seeing like high bend and mini bend and so on, what does that all mean?

It's all in the bends of how high/low the rise. Check out pro tapers. They have nice charts to show you all the dimensions. It will help you understand.

25.4mm = 1in