need help with adjusting problems

1990blaster225

May 6, 2012
hi, my blaster is running weird, when the motors cold i have to play with the air adjustment screw to make it run correctly, than like 2 hours later i have to adjust it again because my powerban messes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1990 motor on an 02 frame
FMF fatty, powercore 2 silencer
jetted

sounds like that carb needs a good cleaning ?
when's the last time the air filter has been cleaned ?

click the bottom link under my sig below for links to cleaning your carb + a bunch of others

hi, my blaster is running weird, when the motors cold i have to play with the air adjustment screw to make it run correctly, than like 2 hours later i have to adjust it again because my powerban messes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1990 motor on an 02 frame
FMF fatty, powercore 2 silencer
jetted

Are you using your choke when the motor is cold to start it ? not sure what the current temp is where you are at. but here in Illinois, the weather has been cooler and we have had to use the choke to start it.

If the choke is not resolving the issue, the rubber o ring on the chock, may be due for a replacement.

If your sig is correct, 1990 blaster, it may also be time for a carb kit, if one has never replaced the needle and seat and pilot screw, o rings. ect.

Or as AWK said, could just need a good cleaning.

Sporty

Have you ever done an air leak test on your blaster. If you have to mess with the airscrew to get it to run right perhaps you are sucking in unwanted air. You will find it extremely difficult to adjust your carb with a motor that has an air leak.

Colder weather also calls for an increase in jet sizes. The motor calls for more fuel when the weather is cold.

A leak down test is a good call.