Need help jetting

I got it running but it won't go past 1/4 throttle without sputtering what is this the plug is brown on the end running with a 250 jet now

I got it running but it won't go past 1/4 throttle without sputtering what is this the plug is brown on the end running with a 250 jet now and it won't start without air filter removed

It runs better still couldnt get the best throttle response but it has a 250 jet with air screw 2.5 turns out

So you are running rich.

I will ask for the final time, the clip on the needle position, the float height you set, and did you set the idle as per specs.

Did you wash the excess oil from the air filter?

Please answer at least some of the questions so we know what you have done and where you are at.

The clip is set in the middle which is stock floats are good and idle is set but I just pulled the plug and it is light gray I'm going to go up each size everytime I ride it cause it got better throttle response after I rod it a while

So are you riding it before it is fully warmed up, it has to be at operating temperature before you attempt to adjust the idle.

What did you set the float level at, and how.

Have you read the manual, or do you not have one, I can get you a free one if you wish.

Pulling the plug will tell you nothing, you need to do a plug chop run.

If the air screw is at 2 1/2 turns out, either the pilot is wrong, the choke is on, the air filter blocked or you are flooding.

Last edited:
Got it starting good runs perfect the problem was a clogged pilot jet and I am running a 280 main going to do a plug chop soon

Why is it that I feel like I am in an examination room hoping to pass a multiple choice exam?

Haha my neck veins are popping out for you. And now hes going to do a plug chop soon?? And is still "riding it around" between each jet change...

Blaster003 Its not lets change the jet and ride it till it rides good than plug chop.... Its get a starting point, plug chop run, see how close you are, THAN ride it to see how it is