Need help guys

956blaster

Oct 1, 2014
So I'm new to this 2 stroke blaster I just got ,,it was running great wen I was riding it shut off it didn't start anymore so I pushed it home then next day i changed out the plug nd it started up nd ran for a while nd started to make a weird rattle inside It shut off nd wouldn't start so pushed it home nd then saw the 2 cycle oil was out could I have messed it up or should it go away by adding 2 cycle to it,, oh I just switched out the case oil to some Lucas motorcycle oil

that will not go away. there is probably serious damage if it ran for more than 30 seconds with no oil. and to completely drain the oil tank, im assuming it was

top end rebuild will be in your near future i imagine

Welcome to the forum btw :)

If it has started rattling, I fear it is dead.

Running with out oil is usually fatal!

Adding oil, would be just like shutting the stable door after the horse got out!

It has a little rattle to it but it still starts up I'm not sure if the rattle has always been there or if it just started,if it is messed up what might it be

Remove the header and look up the exhaust port for signs of piston/ring damage, if you find any pull the cylinder off an investigate!

I just pulled exhaust off nd saw the piston has scratches
Did they look like this?
image.jpg

Intake or exhaust side? and x2 on the pics, they help us help you.. If minor scratches on intake side than most likely a bad/dirty air filter/ loose intake boot with debris getting sucked in.. Lots of pple don't realize how important keeping your air filter clean is.

I would rebuild it now. The damage will get worse and worse running a piston like that. A blaster can only be bored out so many times before there isn't anything left so in my opinion it would be a great idea to not start it anymore. Many people use Ken Oconnor Racing(KOR) for engine work, he can rebuild your motor and he can modify it to get you more powwaa if you want. Or you could send the cylinder to him and rebuild the bike yourself like most people on here. If you take my advice, which i hope you do, also buy or build a leak down tester and learn how to use it before a new engine is ever started.
Welcome to the forum by the way!

Sorry to inform you but that is not very promising!

You need to perform a leak test and then remove the head and cylinder.

There are signs that the piston has deposited some aluminium onto the bore.

The cylinder may not be too badly scored and may clean up with a hone, but it fear you may need a new piston.

It may clean up, but if would not be using it as the ring lands may pinch the rings.

The scratches aren't rough

When it comes to a scuffed piston, that's about as bad as it gets. The only thing that could be worse is if there were large pieces broken off the skirt. From your info that you ran it out of oil, the crank bearings and rod have to be toast. You are in for a complete motor rebuild. When you get that piston out, you are going to see that it looks like this.

post-318466-1362340687411.jpg