need help finding right parts for keihin carb

indianablaster

Sep 18, 2010
East Central Indiana
ok, i have a 30mm keihin pe carb, roundslide, but apparently they don't make this size anymore.... but i need some jets, and also a throttle plate clip (shaped like the letter "M", and it basically holds the throttle plate in place).... this website has some clips for sale, but they say they are only for 20-24mm and 36-38mm carbs.... however, the list does say that the 30mm was a "large body carb" like the 36-38mm so maybe the clip for those works with the 30mm... can someone help me out on this one... also what jets would i want to buy... here is a link to there parts schematic so u can see what im saying... thanks
http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_PE_Parts_W323C1899.cfm

thanks for the replys... guess ill just have to call a place and ask them... i've been to both those websites, and they dont sell the 30mm or parts for it... the only place i have seen the 30mm listed (discontinued but still listed) is in that website i posted originally, so i appreciate the advice, but doesnt really answer my question... not trying to be a dick, just trying to see if someone knows what clip might work so i can go ahead and order it online... again, they don't sell parts for this carb anymore, but if u know what parts would fit the carb, like if another size keihin pe carburetor's parts will work with my 30mm keihin pe carb, then please let me know, thanks I:I imo, i think by looking at the parts list on the website i listed originally, the 30mm was categorized with the 36-38mm carbs, which they still sell parts for..... soooooooooooooo, please take a look at that parts list on the website and let me know if u agree with what im sayin... u know what im sayin........ man lol

thanks slicker, thats the carb! i checked that website but they discontinued the plate (clip)... i got the carb off a blasterforum member a while ago cuz i was worried my carb was becoming an issue, but that has been resolved so i put this one on the backburner for the time being... i had orignally tried to contact this member if they still had this piece and why it didnt come in the shipment i received, but they never got back with me after they had sold it to me, which is weird because they are a well-respected member... but since it was such a trivial 2 dollar piece i didnt mind, but if i can't find one i am sol like slickerthanyou said... i will probably just try and buy both and see if one fits, or try to fab up a fix... the carb works without it, i just worry the plate would unseat itself and the needle would get all loose... again i appreciate all the advice, just needed some second opinions

Last edited:
thanks slicker, thats the carb! i checked that website but they discontinued both the plate and binder (clip)... i got the carb off a blasterforum member a while ago cuz i was worried my carb was becoming an issue, but that has been resolved so i put this one on the backburner for the time being... i had orignally tried to contact this member if they still had this piece and why it didnt come in the shipment i received, but they never got back with me after they had sold it to me, which is weird because they are a well-respected member... but since it was such a trivial 2 dollar piece i didnt mind, but if i can't find one i am sol like slickerthanyou said... i will probably just try and buy both and see if one fits, or try to fab up a fix... the carb works without it, i just worry the plate would unseat itself and the needle would get all loose... again i appreciate all the advice, just needed some second opinions

Maybe give that person another PM?? can't hurt! Looks easy enough to make.

BTW- call your local Honda dealer with this part numberb may get lucky??

16212-KA5-004