Need Carb. HELP!!!

00blasterRESTO

Dec 4, 2007
Corn Feilds Of Indiana
ok so i got a keihin 28mm, this is with 2 engines now it has done the same thing,,, i started it up today it ran fin for 10-15 sec. and then bogged and died, would not start,,,pulled the plug the thing is fu**in drenched, i am running 145 main 45 pilot ,, however at the moment i have a stock blaster carb needle in it =/ think that could be the prob. mabey float dept. but i dunno,,, thot mabey my reeds but, visually they look good, any way the carb is just dumping gas into the cylinder,,,, please any help would be great what would make it pour gas like that.....:(

so you gotter goin somewhat today huh?! well im sorry to hear about your carb issues, id hook you up with one of mine but i sold the only spare i had...seems to me your float has to be sticking or mis adjusted, the needle shouldn't affect that, i dont think anyways... load it up and bring it here on sunday if you want to and we can get it sorted out and finish jens too :)

i know my float depth is somehwhere way out there,,, i cant seem to find anything on how to set it though... i kinda would just go back to stock,, but then i would have to get a tors elim. and loose my SS cable i just bot... =/

your needle valve is bad bud, get a new one from cpw and it'll be fixed, just remembered i had the same prob and thats how mine got fixed...

We never adjust the float level by book specs. We've found that the most accurate way is to remove the bowl screws and hold the carb in hand at the same angle that it would be on the bike and fill the bowl with gas. Turn off the petcock and remove the hose from the carb. This is very important to remove it at the carb cause if you remove it at the petcock then you'll have the gas from the hose run into the carb. Place the carb over a container and remove the bowl. Once the bowl is removed then pour the gas from the container back into the bowl to see how much gas the floats are actually letting in. You should have at least 1/2 bowl full maybe a shade more, that's it.

You might consider jetting your pilot down to a 35.

thank ya much man ,, i got some jets comein think the lowest is 38 but i'll drop that in there,,, 145 on main cool? and right about half a bowl ey... it is leaking it out of overflow as well,,, what you think about needle valve any way of testing?? or you think most likely float height is the culperate?? thanks again, josh and pittboss

If it is lealing from the over flow it is either a bad needle and seat or the float height is wrong.