need a little help

blasterking

May 25, 2009
hey i just put a 15 tooth sprocket on my blaster but it wont fit what do i need to do to make it fit.

you can fit the 15, u need to remove material from the case. many people wouldnt recommend putting the 15 on due to the modification involved, and will go with a smaller rear sprocket, Many people run a 14/38 gear ratio.

this is what I found from 5.26.09 in the engine forum..
from miketheboss

Anybody Running 15 Tooth Front Sprocket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone have a problem with running a 15 tooth front sprocket? I installed one today.

First off,

I had to cut some plastic out of my crankcase cover to allow it to be seated properly. The chain was interfering with the backside of the cover.

and

When i went on a test run and returned I saw that the chain literally ate up that rubber chain roller. It is no longer there, its just metal.

The 15 tooth sprocket is significantly larger than the stock which is why it ate up the chain roller.

To make things worse I may have over heated my Vitos BBK when I opened up full-throttle. My exhaust was sounding nothing like it normally does. Now tomorrow Im going to have to rip the top end open again and see whats going on.Im so pissed now Im just going to put the stock sprocket on and call it a day.