Need a little help here

melanie

Aug 4, 2017
Hey guys, I'm a little new to the 2 stroke game and I got a 96 blaster for free that I completely redid from the bottom up. Looks pretty as hell now and I was so excited after throwing the motor in and everything else that it started up on the second kick. However.... it will only stay running while I am on the throttle. If I let up, it dies. To me it would seem as if it's not getting enough fuel so I went straight to the carb. I cleaned it completely out AGAIN and tested the floats which are good... I know everyone is sick of jetting questions but.... Ive read a million threads here and still don't know if the jetting is my problem or if I'm looking in the wrong place. Basically the entire bike is stock except for the exhaust. That being said I've got the 32.5 pilot, needle on the middle notch/clip whatever, a 292 main and air screw is 1 1/2 turns out. Does this seem okay?? It's got a new plug, but I can't exactly do a plug test without being able to run it correctly I feel....? Also I am putting new reeds in tomorrow cuz I think these ones are dirty and need replaced, so could that maybe be the issue or should I be looking in to something else? Maybe a cdi not working correctly? Idk....

Just kidding. I did a TORS delete this morning and that fixed the issue