my slow slow build.

cdocken02

Nov 2, 2009
OKC
hey guys. well i bought 2 blasters over the last few weeks and i think i got a really good deal.

i bought a roller for 80 bucks, missing the motor,back caliper, handle controls but had EVERYthing else.
379880594.jpg

379880603.jpg

then i got a 2000 that needed the top end rebuilt. 400 bucks
379880613.jpg

so tearing them down i noticed that the frame on the 400. has been (fixed) so i am going to use the roller frame. so i took everything i wanted off the other frame put it back together as a roller and sold it for 100. so now i am getting a kick as blaster, new top end, and getting rid of the scraps that i dont want for 400. hell yes ! haha

well here i am tearing everything down and the garage after.
379880618.jpg

almost done

379880626.jpg

stripped and sold off the roller.

oh and the guy that bought the FIXED frame KNEW about the fix so no i didnt try to sell to him without notification. he is going to stuff a XR1000 motor in it. lol wow that will be fun.

Not a bad way to get started!

Find yourself a couple great deals, sell what you don't want to absorb some cost and then Get Nasty Mrs. Jasckson!!! LMAO.....

Looks like you have some fun days/nights ahead of you..... Good luck! Keep us posted...

yah i am keeping the pipe, it is a FMF fatty also for AMP there is a DC silencer, tag bars, twist grip, holshot front tires, chrome rims,

now the engine i am not to sure about i dont think it is stock, it had a 66.75 piston, the crank say cr144 on the side, the carb is a mikuni carb, it has a oil block off, also has a 14 tooth sprocket but looks pretty worn.

any other way to tell if there is anything else in the engine? also the head has some slight port work.