My Project Blaster Progress

DELSOUL

Aug 7, 2011
I decided to just put up my project blaster that I picked up for 400 and how its doing so far.
Well when I first got it, it ran but not very well. It had no seat just the plastic pan and the rear brake parking brake was not working of course. So I picked up a seat changed the rear brake cable to a shorty and got it rideable then after a couple of rides and destroying the rear skid plate I picked up and armadillo one and put that on.
Then last time I went riding me and my bike decide to roll off the trail when I hit a big root and it through us over and we went down the mountain. Thankfully neither me nor my bike got seriously hurt besides a few bumbs and scraps. It took 4 people to get it back on the trail but it kick off on the first kick and I got to finishing riding the rest of the day. I had a little trouble with a few spots when we went through the water because of the open filter so I fabbed up my own out of some recycle truck parts, pvc pipe and some hose clamps. I also added 5in wheel spacers front and rear as well as some new gel grips, extended thumb throttle and some 2in risers that I came up with. I also did the rear 400ex conversion and i am waiting on some front banshee shocks to come in the mail. I have yet to take it out since the updates to the machince but I can't wait to see how it feels and handles with the new add ons.
I just wanted to have a fun machine with out breaking the bank since I am a poor college student. I am pretty happy with it so far with being able to do most the new mods with out costing me much out of my own pocket. I love these little machines they are tough as nails.

Heres some pics of its progress as well

here is when i first got it
IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

heres after first getting it rideable.
IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

heres the new mods i just added
IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

Looking good! Toss that TORS system when you get the chance. Save yourself a lot of electrical headaches with it gone, and this mod is 100% free to do...

Ya I been meaning to that mod to it. I guess I just have not got around to it cause it hasn't given me any problems yet but I guess it would be good preventative measure instead of it starting to give me problems or something when I am on the trail

That's the way I see it! I was out riding one time and a guy in our group hit a tree, causing his TORS system to act up. He wasn't hurt, but it took a little while to get the bike running right again.

Damn that would suck I guess i better get on it before the next time i ride cause knowing my luck that would happen to me

can i ask why did you put them spacers under the handle bars does it help it handle better and btw thats a nice bike man!!

can i ask why did you put them spacers under the handle bars does it help it handle better and btw thats a nice bike man!!

I'm not the OP, but I'll answer that. lol.

I run bar spacers (risers) too. The reason most of us put them on is to raise the handlebars up a couple inches. This eases the stress on our backs. I don't have to bend over near as much to reach the handlebars while riding since I'm running risers. (I'm a tall guy at 6'2").

Ya thats the reason I added them. I am not that tall a person about 5'8" but when I go riding and have to stand up for a rough part of the trail its murder on the back so I am hoping the riser will help alot with that plus even sitting down it puts the bars up at a more comfortable position. Unfortunately since doing all the mods I have not even had a chance to take them out and try them out.