my next project

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
LED tail/brake light

the red will bet brighter and the blue will come on when the brake is applied

t523vp.jpg

idk yet i might just make one....i have a few weeks till the leds get here because they come from slant eye country

well its nice to have a tail/ brake light so other riders can see you and know when you are stopping.......and its just cool and gives me a reason to get out of the house lol.....but itll be prollt 2 weeks before i see the leds from china

got 200 leds for 6 shipped 40 of each color

got some risistors for a few bucks shipped

and i am either going to make an enclosure or maybe use a light switch box, not sure yet

since your using blue with the red i wonder if its gonna shine purple. I know some of the guys that build hot rods they used to put a blue dot on there tails and it would shine purple. just curious...

whats with the resistors, them led's i was using before ran fine without resi's, and i had mine drilled into my stock airbox, just haven't transfered them into my cfm airbox, can't bring myself to drill holes in it yet

whats with the resistors, them led's i was using before ran fine without resi's, and i had mine drilled into my stock airbox, just haven't transfered them into my cfm airbox, can't bring myself to drill holes in it yet

they need resistors or they will get to much power and blow

did the ones you bought have resistors alreay in them and prewired

no the ones i have are listed as 12v, and worked great for about 6 months while in my stock airbox, i driled 1/2" holes and they snapped in, wired in my toolbox area of the airbox