My new Ricky Stator BROKE!!!!!!

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
I got about 1/2 of a day of riding with my lights on and then it BROKE!!!!X(

Wow i spent $125.00 on a 75w stator with a adjustable timing plate, and got 1/2 of a day out of the lighting coil... wtf

So i ripped it out of the blaster today and it looks like the ground on the lighting coil burnt off.....

The ground wire is on the screw on the left side of the lighting coil
102_6673.jpg

102_6671.jpg

102_6667.jpg

well that just sucks big time, but looks fixable with a quick solder job, or a completely new eyelet soldered on

wow, that really sucks. I've heard of a few people having problems with ricky stator products. The problem I've heard about though was the stator plate cracking not the wire connections burning. Looks like you need to give them a call!!!

I also just got finished rebuilding my stock stator with a moose Racing 75w rebuild kit...

Stock before
102_6632.jpg

Stock after
102_6664.jpg

Ricky Stator VS Stock rebuilt with a moose Racing 75w kit...
102_6676.jpg

Reactions: Markblaster
wow, i didnt know sumthin like that moose kit was available
link please ?????

thanx bronco, worked that time, on my wish list !!!!!

79 Bronco ... could you mic the wire on those lighting coils & give us the diameter? Inquiring minds always want to know :)

The wire wrapped around the Moose and Ricky stator lighting coils are about .040 and the stock lighting coil wire is about .030...:)

great work man, gonna keep this in mind I:I so whats up with that adjustable plate man? u selling it?

The Ricky stator with adjustable timing plate has a 1 year warranty, so i'm sending it back to get fixed... When i get it back i will look at the ground on the lighting coil very closely.lol