My latest pickup :)

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
I scored a 98 RM125 tonight for $450. Found it on craigs.....went to get it, and the kid's grandma actually lives next to my farm....small world. Anyway, It runs, the only thing is the shock linkage blew the bearings. He said he didn't want to fix it, so he was getting rid of it.

I paid him for the bike, and he said hey you get the extra parts too. There were 2 wheels and a frame with forks laying next to it, I was thinking cool, thats good to have. The Dude loaded my truck down with tires, fenders, a blown bottom end, carbs, pipes, 2 swingarms, fenderstays, tanks..etc.

I pretty much got another bike in parts, and in those parts i found the rebuild kit for the linkage!!!! SCORE!! I now know how Harley feels when he gets deals!!!

I cleaned her up real quick, and started to go over it. So far I've found new brakes, a unifilter, . Its going to need a chain and sprockets, but so far so good.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Reactions: Herpderplol
Nice score, looks pretty clean for its age. Instead of uploading pictures did you have your daughter color some for us lol.
I still can't find the camera!!! The iPod takes crappy pics, but its all I have at the moment.

From what I've looked up so far and saw about this bike it looks like I'm in possession of 2 36mm air strikers now :). That bearing kit isn't complete either. It's missing the shock mount rollout bearing. The new one will be here Tuesday

I actually found a good shock linkage on one of the other swingarms. I took it off and put it on for now. Makes it a hell of alot easier to roll around.

The front wheel needs bearings, which I found still wrapped new in a box he gave me, and the rear brake bleeder is broken off. I'm going to have to easy out it, and get a new bleeder tomorrow.

I cleaned the carb well tonight, It's starting on the first kick now.

good score fred !
you got 2 wheel experience ?

good score fred !
you got 2 wheel experience ?

I can ride on 2 wheels, I'm not setting the world on fire, but I can go out and have a fun time. I mostly got this cause of the deal, and sometimes I just want to ride a bike....I have no Idea why:)

I'm going to start listing some of the fenders, and pipes tomorrow. I'm hoping I can sell all the extra parts for about what I paid for it.

I got the front wheel bearings changed, put on the new clutch perch and lever, new grips, and I actually broke the easy out in the rear brake bleeder, of course its flush with the hole, so I doubt I ever get it out. I noticed The clutch cable was fraying when I was changing the perch. All the Plastics are bolted back up tight also, I found all the correct bolts and washers in a box. I found out it has Pro Taper bars on it as well, Found a bar pad in a box also. Everything else this thing needs is ordered and will be here this week.

I ordered new cables, rear wheel bearings, chain & sprockets, rear brake caliper, and case saver. That should get it done, and rideable.

The more and more I look at this thing and work on it, I'm realizing I got a hell of a deal on it. I listed the extra parts I have today also. I'm not looking to get rich fast, just make some of my money back, and help a kid out if he needs them.

Got the Rear wheel bearings in, the brakes all fixed, new chain and sprockets on, and the clutch cable changed. The thing just isn't running right. I inspected and adjusted the powervalve, changed plugs, changed the gear oil, Took off the exhaust, cleaned it all out, and repacked the silencer.

It just dosen't feel like it ever wants to get on the pipe. I'm almost 100% sure that the powervalve is functioning. About the only thing I haven't done is change the reeds, I'm wondering if that would make a difference in the bottom end. I have a set in the garage, I'll give those a try tomorrow.